I did it...

other dog

Had to try the peierreiogiessses today. I unloaded in Oakland, Md. this morning and went up to Pittsburgh and picked up 2 coils. Got loaded pretty early and decided to stop at Bill's for a burger.

No line at The Red Caboose, but still a pretty good crowd about 11:45.

Got to Bill's and ordered my hamburgers and pepsi and decided to go for it.

I said "lemme have a small order of them peierreiogiessses too". That's kinda how I pronounced it.

The girl said "progies?'', pronouncing it kinda like that.

I said "uh...yes"

She said "you want onions and butter with those?"

Now i'm really confused, because I didn't know if I wanted butter and onions with them or not. Figured it must be the thing to do though or she wouldn't have asked,

so I said "uh...yes".

I should have said "no thank you", I didn't know they would be swimming in enough butter to deep fry a porpoise. But except for that they were pretty tasty.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

And you survived! at least so far...........

any stomach troubles?

any flames coming out the bottom area?

Now that we have got over that hurdle - what the heck kind of grub is that on the bottom of the sign - Maluski?

Haluski. never heard of that either, maybe i'll order some next time and report on it...not. I have heard of fish.

Looks like a jellyfish sandwich in fish oil with onions and butter glaze. I hope you had buttermilk with it. Do they serve Balute with it?

mike

buttermilk?..bleh! They might serve balute with it, I did not inquire since i've never heard of balute either.

:SMOKIE-RT:

Steak-n-taters,man. :twothumbsup: That exotic stuff can kill ya. :whistling:

Speed

:SMOKIE-LFT:

• Like 2

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

Good to see you patronizing one of the many fine dining establishments of the Mid-Mon Valley. It's a local custom to stop for a chili dog first, follow it up with a pierogie chaser, then stop at the Sheetz at the next light to use the rest room.

Haluski is a Polish dish, I believe. All I know for sure is that is has cabbage and noodles and is a staple at most buffets in the area, even the national chains.

Jim

You shoulda had the Haluski....Butter, onions cabbage and noodles all fried up together.mmmmmmmmmmmm

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

what are these pierogies (how ever you spell it, yes olive I was too lazy to spell check)?

I think you are closer with the spellin' than anyone else is - as far as what they are, I am going to have to let someone else whip up a batch and take photos of it all for you - I got run out of the kitchen the last time I did it because I left oil film on the stove backsplash - I thought if you can't see it then it is clean?

You shoulda had the Haluski....Butter, onions cabbage and noodles all fried up together.mmmmmmmmmmmm

that sounds good- if they'd just called it cabbage, onions, and noodlles fried together with butter I would have ordered it.

• Like 1

Being of Polish descent myself I am fond of pierogis. They are best when you boil em until they float and then fry them in a bit of butter then serve with sour cream on the side. My favorite fillings are potato&cheese but there are many other fillings like sauerkraut, onion, mushroom, cheese, potato and a bunch more. The best is when they mix the fillings like potato and cheese, potato and onion or sauerkraut and onion or mushroom.

Drowned in butter and then served with onions is another way but my mother and grandmother never cooked them like that.

A nice Polish dinner of pierogis, potato pancakes (with sourcream and apple sauce) and boiled kielbasa (aka polish sausage) is good eatin. And that supermarket crap they try to pass of as kielbasa is just that, crap. Only a real Polish butcher or store carries the real deal. Another nice side dish is kapusta, sauerkraut cooked with onion and you can add mushrooms or even bits of meat, my grandmother adds fatback. That goes good with the smoked kielbasa.

If they have stuffed cabbage called Golumpki (pronounced go-wump-key) then try it. Ground meat mixed with rice or barley wrapped and cooked inside cabbage leaves in a tomato sauce.

Good hearty old-world eatin. Dammit, now Im hungry.

• Like 1

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Being of Polish descent myself I am fond of pierogis. They are best when you boil em until they float and then fry them in a bit of butter then serve with sour cream on the side. My favorite fillings are potato&cheese but there are many other fillings like sauerkraut, onion, mushroom, cheese, potato and a bunch more. The best is when they mix the fillings like potato and cheese, potato and onion or sauerkraut and onion or mushroom.

Drowned in butter and then served with onions is another way but my mother and grandmother never cooked them like that.

A nice Polish dinner of pierogis, potato pancakes (with sourcream and apple sauce) and boiled kielbasa (aka polish sausage) is good eatin. And that supermarket crap they try to pass of as kielbasa is just that, crap. Only a real Polish butcher or store carries the real deal. Another nice side dish is kapusta, sauerkraut cooked with onion and you can add mushrooms or even bits of meat, my grandmother adds fatback. That goes good with the smoked kielbasa.

If they have stuffed cabbage called Golumpki (pronounced go-wump-key) then try it. Ground meat mixed with rice or barley wrapped and cooked inside cabbage leaves in a tomato sauce.

Oh yea Thaddeus you are 100% right!

Dammit! now so am i!!!!!!!!...............................(hungry that is!)..Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

My wife's family is hungarian (the country, not the mental/physical sensation) and I get this kind of stuff force-fed to me at most major holidays- Halumpkies (the cabbage leaves stuffed with ground beef/rice/onions with seasonings) and cooked in a tomato-based sauce is my favorite. My father in law also makes stuffed peppers in the same pot of sauce, so the flavor from the peppers gets into the sauce and it is awesome. Pierogies are also a family favorite, potato/cheese fried with onions in lard, served with sour cream on the side.....mmmmmmmmm

• Like 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

My wife's family is hungarian (the country, not the mental/physical sensation) and I get this kind of stuff force-fed to me at most major holidays- Halumpkies (the cabbage leaves stuffed with ground beef/rice/onions with seasonings) and cooked in a tomato-based sauce is my favorite. My father in law also makes stuffed peppers in the same pot of sauce, so the flavor from the peppers gets into the sauce and it is awesome. Pierogies are also a family favorite, potato/cheese fried with onions in lard, served with sour cream on the side.....mmmmmmmmm

Grandma's cooking to the T and my lovely wife cooks these dishes for me for 20 years. Pea and potato soup with dill is on of my favorites from childhood.

Grandma's cooking to the T and my lovely wife cooks these dishes for me for 20 years. Pea and potato soup with dill is on of my favorites from childhood.

We had potato soup a lot when I was a young'un, which was pretty much just potatoes and onions with maybe some thickening added. I still make it now, and add a can of canned corned beast. You probably only eat real corned beast, but I like it. Corned beast between two pieces of bread with lots of Miracle Whip makes a good sammich, but corned beast has gotten expensive, around 4 dollars a can around here, and that's for the cheapest brand.

Wonder if your lovely wife would share that recipe for pea and potato soup with dill, I like potaters, I like peas, and I love dill- just don't tell anyone else I asked for a recipe, after all this is Big Mack Trucks. I really couldn't care less myself, but probably other folks would like to know. :whistling:

We had potato soup a lot when I was a young'un, which was pretty much just potatoes and onions with maybe some thickening added. I still make it now, and add a can of canned corned beast. You probably only eat real corned beast, but I like it. Corned beast between two pieces of bread with lots of Miracle Whip makes a good sammich, but corned beast has gotten expensive, around 4 dollars a can around here, and that's for the cheapest brand.

Wonder if your lovely wife would share that recipe for pea and potato soup with dill, I like potaters, I like peas, and I love dill- just don't tell anyone else I asked for a recipe, after all this is Big Mack Trucks. I really couldn't care less myself, but probably other folks would like to know. :whistling:

I'll never make fun of you for asking for most anything. We all learn through asking questions. Now I WILL draw the line if you ask directions on how to play with yourself in the mirror cause I do have standards, (extremely low) you know.

Rob

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.