The Rumor Mill

I do not know for sure because it is hard to see but I think this truck is a B-61 with the optional big radiator, or it could also be a B-615 with the wrong emblem and no V-8 emblem, If Superdog or the Ol Fuzzy Buzzard can shed some more light on this,if you look at the picture of the dash the firewall looks flat like a B-615 instesd of the protruding doghouse that the B-61s have. What does everyone think? Block.

I agree with Superdog, it just needed a little T.L.C. The 96-inch bumper ruins the whole thing for me.

Need to shi!tcan the goofy looking stacks also.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid69/p6926119af72baee0dfa76c92eaff448c/fbac876c.jpg

Maybe like this guys?

Is that an act of self promotion, or incrimination?

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Everything they do on that show is all f---ed up.

It may be awesome to the general public, but to guys like us who understand trucks, it is just a load of bullsh*t.

I don't watch it anymore

To me, a nice completely stock restoration is much more appealing.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

If you don't like it don't watch or look at the pictures. Other people have the right to do what they want. Just becuase you don't like it doesn't mean you have to riticule someones work. Respect others views and likes.

You're absolutely right.

Therefore stop b*tching about our opinions.

Don't forget, this is a TV show, if you don't sensationalize things nobody will watch. I'm all for taking a humble old girl and restoring and even dolling up a little. But like on all the other "reality" shows if you don't make it totally outlandish (scripted comes to mind) it will only appeal to those who really appreciate a nice old truck, and unfortunately there is only a small number of us, and we don't have the numbers to keep the ratings up.

It still has Class. It now has a level of Class you can not buy today. Any one can drive a W 900 or a 379, but not just any one can run a truck like that. You can not buy it on any street corner, hence it is cool. Stock restorations are O K, if all you ever intend to do is look at it. If you want to run it, and run with the big dogs, you have to modernize it. I guess if you don't actual work a truck to put bread and butter on your table, you just don't understand. Brad

I guess if you don't actual work a truck to put bread and butter on your table, you just don't understand. Brad

So what you're saying is that if I don't like those custom butcher jobs on "Trick My Truck", then that means I'm not "legit" and I have no "Trucking Cred"?

Oh well, I guess my career for the past 33 years was all a waste of my time then.

H K.... I am not saying that at ALL!!! If a guy wants a one of a kind head turner, He can't buy it. If you want that type of truck you have to build it. Let's face it, if you are going to truck to earn money, you are not going to do it with a B powered by a thermodyne and a duplex. At least not in today's climate. Is that truck on that show practical for you and I who work in the construction field?? NO, not by a long shot. But, if you took the sleeper off shortened it up, and gave it a fair amount of ground clearence, I would give it a whirl. Don't get me wrong, I dislike most of the stuff those guys turn out. I still watch to get a laugh. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings or rain on your career. Brad

Ps.. H K .... I am starting to agree with you on the Mack/ Volvo relationship , we can discuss later.

Edited by storkmack

I still wonder how the "goofy" looking stacks got popular? They make about as much sense to me as 22 inch wheels with two inch sidewalls on a 1991 Chevrolet Impala that you can't align the front end any longer as the camber is so far out of whack for clearance.

As you say Brad, (and I'm not in disagreance with you) to exist and work in today's world you would not use a Thermodyne powered truck with a duplex transmission. A person could get run over that way. I seen somewhere that this truck had a later Cummins engine, and by the looks of the shifter, a thirteen speed Fuller already installed. It also seems that it was on air but I could be mistaken. With this powertrain installed, the truck was already set to go down the road with today's traffic.

I guess the only thing I really dislike is the exhaust stacks on this truck upon completion. I have no money invested in the project, and it is not for me, so it is not my place to criticize. For what it is worth that show to me is a falicy and I've never watched/seen it. Personally, I'm not much into graphics and do not apply them unless factory installed, but this one fits the history of the truck. As can be discerned by it's new "stance", the truck's logging days are over.

One must keep in mind is that a shop "only has to please the owner". What anyone else thinks really does not matter. I will give you a case in point: A couple of years ago a gent brought in a very nice 1969 Mustang GT fastback that was Forrest Green with a light interior. He wanted the car completely repainted. The car was for his fiance' as a wedding gift. This was to be a fast paced job as she was expecting, and they were to be married before the birth. A price was negotiated and a little over a week later the car showed up on a trailer as a "rolling chassis" as agreed. Minimal body repair work was required, and by the time I put the final clearcoat on top of the "Mary Kay Pink" basecoat, I was about to cry.

I see that car from time to time when the weather is nice. It is garage kept, and always meticulously maintained. It is an obvious source of pride for them and my point is this: I did not like the color then, and I do not like the color now. I respect that a product was delivered that the owner wanted, and my direct action brought that happiness to fruition.

It is hard for me to imagine but if my daughter asked me to paint her B-61 pink, I would do it. (Then I know I would cry uncontrollably). No one else would like it, but if she did the effort would be of worth. I'm sure as hell not going to suggest it either!!

Rob