Price Of Fuel

MACKS

I just paid 5.05 on long island ny, so that means it went over 2 dollars a gallon from this time last year. regular gas is up to 4.30 a gallon and heating oil is at 4.40 or even higher.I don't know how much more we can stand.

what the hell are our overpaid four flushing politicians doing about this anyway? i guess it hasn't hurt them too bad yet because if it had they would have done something immediatly like when they want to give themselves a raise. no hesitation then! it's just too bad you can't shut the trucks off for just one day. that would get everybody's attention. in 74 they lowered the speed limit to 55 and that would help. the trucks also shut down a bunch of interstates that got quite a lot of attention but that was a different breed of drivers back then. it's time for a big change in our gov't and it better happen shortly or we wont have anything left. maybe all our leaders should go out and do a days work (if they could) instead of just stuffing their own pockets. start doing what you're overpaid to do. i hope there is still a couple of good ones left.

and remember

"PREFORMANCE COUNTS"

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here in Millington, Atoka, Munford Covington TN Area :

it ranges from $4.45 to $4.85 a gallon

DAMN I WISH I COULD CONVERT TO COOKING OIL make the ole DM & B model smell like fries & onion rings while working ;)

have a safe one hands

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

• 4 weeks later...
Here in Millington, Atoka, Munford Covington TN Area :

it ranges from $4.45 to $4.85 a gallon

DAMN I WISH I COULD CONVERT TO COOKING OIL make the ole DM & B model smell like fries & onion rings while working ;)

have a safe one hands

:mack1:

yeah,if I could do that i'd just take a bottle of ketchup with me for lunch every day :Mixer1:

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

:SMOKIE-LFT:

Best deal I've seen out here today is $4.79/gallon at Maverick downtown and Pilot over in Carlin. At Pilot the price is the same for cash or charge.

Speed

:SMOKIE-RT:

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Heading back up to those crazy prices again,4.50 a gallon on Long Island, NY,on the news last night they were saying 6 bucks a gallon for reg gas by this summer,so what will deisel be 7 bucks a gallon.

Heading back up to those crazy prices again,4.50 a gallon on Long Island, NY,on the news last night they were saying 6 bucks a gallon for reg gas by this summer,so what will deisel be 7 bucks a gallon.

I heard that too... Thats ridiculous...

Tom

"Nothing Breaks Wind Like A Bulldog"

• 2 weeks later...

Can some one please tell me again why the oil drilled an taken from our Country ie Alaska an the midwest is sold back to us @ OPEC prices?? What am I missing here? other oil pro. countries like Venezuela an even Mexico sell there domestic oil cheaper. Countries like Saudi Arabia sell oil at about .60 per gal. So don't you think if we sold our domestic oil cheaper then our imported oil, it would force the price of the imports down? I mean after all the oil does belong to the American People does it not? Was it tax payer money that paid for the pipe line in Alaska?

Can someoe help me out here?

BULLHUSK

$3.89/gal. here in Nashville for the Knock and Ping kind of fuel. What ever happened to the truckers cruising the DC Capitol building? Seems that was in the 70's. Can we get that back again?

Mike,

It seem like the people in this great country of ours have given up!? I mean look no matter what we say or do it does not seem too help. I think we're just waiting for 2012?

mike

Took the antique Mack out of the garage to give her a bath yesterday. Real dirty from sitting for 2 - 3 years. Tried to get her back in, she just wouldn't start. Gas guage ready 1/2 full. Thought fuel filter might be clogged, so changed that out. Then, went and bought a couple gallons of regular fuel, just incase.

$20 bucks latere, she's back in the garage. That's 5 gallons at $4.05, the cheap stuff. She's sitting there for another couple years at that price.

Add to the fuel price, the insurance, plates and state inspection fees. Figures out to around $4.78+ per mile.

We were given a choice today, a 32 hour 4 day week or layoffs to cover the cost of fuel. I see a choice this winter, gas, food and mortgage or heating oil and electricty. My wife jokes and said we had better look for a good box, I told her it had better be filled with 45ACP

Our HNIC is pushing electric cars, my question is the power to charge them comes from oil or natural gas power plants. More electic cars , more demand for power , more emmisions from power plants..... so what is the gain?

seems that it will increase emissions when you include the manufacture of the vehicle and the batteries.

I see no boat this summer for fishing, our 55 chevy parked and me extremely p.o.ed , hell I'm alread driving a damn Focus!

I take my truck to D C to protest, but he's probley away on vacation or bowing to some A rab. Yea, I am bitter!! Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

We were given a choice today, a 32 hour 4 day week or layoffs to cover the cost of fuel. I see a choice this winter, gas, food and mortgage or heating oil and electricty. My wife jokes and said we had better look for a good box, I told her it had better be filled with 45ACP

Our HNIC is pushing electric cars, my question is the power to charge them comes from oil or natural gas power plants. More electic cars , more demand for power , more emmisions from power plants..... so what is the gain?

seems that it will increase emissions when you include the manufacture of the vehicle and the batteries.

I see no boat this summer for fishing, our 55 chevy parked and me extremely p.o.ed , hell I'm alread driving a damn Focus!

I take my truck to D C to protest, but he's probley away on vacation or bowing to some A rab. Yea, I am bitter!! Paul

That I think about sums it up! I know I couldn't have said it any better!! An yes I am also bitter.. an I'm dam tired of seeing "The Great I AM" Me Me I I I. I Directed I ordered IIIIII I am the GREATEST!! An then there's the flip side of the "Great I AM" It's "WHO ME?" Earthquake? Bush! Hurricane? Bush! Unemployment 9%? Bush! Bad Hair Day? Bush!