B-61 sleeper cab,lost & found

Way back 35 years ago or so,when I was looking over the right shoulder of the Bulldog,instead of the left,on a trip to Joslin,IL with Dad,I spotted a fresh out of the paint shop B-61 sleeper cab sitting along the highway in Milan,IL,across from what is now the Quad Cities Downs horse race track.Beautiful looking truck,maroon with chrome radiator shell,chrome straight pipe,bullet lights.It sat there off & on for quite awhile.Unfortunately,always loaded with cattle and always in a hurry,never could get Dad to stop so I could look it over and take pics.One day,it was gone,never to be seen again?Not quite.

July 1990,Walcott Truckers Jamboree.We were just there for the day,as Wendy was due with our first,Mikey,and I didn't have anything to show yet,was still trying to finish my 2nd B-61 after the 1st burnt up in '85.There it was,paint faded,body work starting fall out,bumper half gone,but it was definately the same truck,and it was for sale.I made an offer,but was turned down,and once again,lost track of it.

Couple years ago,a friend sends me pics of an old B61 he spotted,there she was again,looking really bad now,time had not been good to it at all.Didn't have the funds at the time,so once again it slipped away until this week,I spotted an ad and called.If the weather cooperates,it willl be coming to my place next weekend.

post-61-0-57495200-1329462758_thumb.jpg

Sure hope you get it, if nothing more for the memories. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE