Ugly?

vision386

I have owned four Pinto cars. Two were sedans, (1971) one runabout, (1971) and a 1973 "Squire", station wagon. The wagon was the most enjoyable of all of them due to room afforded a growing family and had an automatic transmission. For the time, (1978) it really was very nice and ran well. That car was literally bulletproof as we used it for target practice once it was too far gone to save from rust.

Not ashamed at all of owning them. They did me right, each and every one.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Smart-ForTwo-Passion-Cabriolet.jpg

So smart it's stupid.

Might make a good wheel chock though, huh? :whistling:

One of these came down the lane at the auto auction a couple of weeks ago - I tried to raise the hood - the whole thing is plastic and just lifts off and you lay it down on the ground - what a piece of *&%$.

My blushing bride had a cream colored pinto - she was a car head hottie in that thing in the 80's. She was all proud of it and loaded up four friends and tried to take them to the McDonalds which here in rootin' tootin' Fulton, Missouri is on the only steep hill in town. She made it halfway up the hill and had to back down - ran out of power - fine piece of American automobile............not

I love smashing cars - I don't care what brand you try, cars stink to drive once you drive a Mack - no power, ass feels like its draggin', you just feel like a bug waiting to get squashed.

I do miss it once in awhile.Never met a car that I liked unless it was smashed flat on my trailer.I had an ALJON crusher and sent several thousand 4 wheelers to the shredder.Did pretty good until price dropped from $85/ton to the high 20's and took forever to come back.Kinda glad I sold it when I did.Now that prices are sky high,it's pretty hard to buy high quantites of cars,epsecially at a price you can make decent profit,plus alot more EPA BS to deal with now.

I like it. One of my first- well actually the first memory- of cars was a '57 Chevrolet that my grandfather traded for a new 1960 Chevrolet. Both were black with white tops. The '60 had a 283 with a powerglide, I don't know what was in the '57.

I like the 55,56,and 57's and the 59 and 60 models, but I think the 58's were the ugliest.

Now I think those things that look like a shoe box on wheels are about the ugliest cars.

Gotta agree Tom! these thing look like a washing machine on wheels!...................................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

my parents had 59 chev impala 4 dr ht.best visability of any car.no blind spots.i have a mack with 220 cummins and can run faster.all the 50's cars were and still are beautys specially if one was in my driveway.i could trade it for a brand new mack across the board.early 60's were and are nice even today.least you could tell one brand from the other.bob

Somebody stop me.

57-nash-metropolitan-stpaul.jpg

Those Nash "Metorpolitans" still bring a high dollar due to demand. I never thought they were "ugly" although I never liked them. Restored two through the years and they are the epitomy of simple.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Those Nash "Metorpolitans" still bring a high dollar due to demand. I never thought they were "ugly" although I never liked them. Restored two through the years and they are the epitomy of simple.

Rob

I didn't mind the Metropolitans. It was the full sized "bathtub" Nash that I thought were ugly.

The time from about 1958 to 1961 was the era of "strange" in styling, as many of the cars here show. I think Dodge took the award in that time period, including the trucks.

Chevy trucks showed it too.

1960%201966%20chevrolet%20differences%201.jpg

I didn't mind the Metropolitans. It was the full sized "bathtub" Nash that I thought were ugly.

The time from about 1958 to 1961 was the era of "strange" in styling, as many of the cars here show. I think Dodge took the award in that time period, including the trucks.

Chevy trucks showed it too.

1960%201966%20chevrolet%20differences%201.jpg

1959 was the year of the "fins". Most all american manufacturers follows this path. The rear end of the Desoto was about the worst example. 1960 was a holdover and by 1961, most were gone although Cadillac stayed with it till 1964.

Rob

Rob