Ugly?

vision386

Saw one of these for sale beside the road on my way home today,and had to laugh! UGLIEST car GM ever built (in my opinion) and thats coming from a GM man through and through! obviously we are all "truck guys" but seems 99 percent of us on here also like old/vintage,modern cars as well. Thought it would be interesting to see others opinions of what the ugliest car ever made was?...................................Mark

post-5836-0-69770900-1329009290_thumb.jp

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I like the GM's from the 50's and 60's, but they're not as indestructible as everyone thinks. Have you seen this video?

I could probably come up with several uglies, but I'll start with anything from 1974 when manufacturers had to tack on those 5 mph bumpers to existing models. Much worse than the front bumpers in '73.

040126_forbesWorstCar_hmed.hmedium.jpg

Jim

I seriously love the look of that gm, and i am totally not a gm guy, for some reason i have always liked different looking rigs, probably the reason we have 5 new to us dm690s with the offset cab, the reason i love them is because there not some sleek looking peterliner, and will do their job 200 percent better than the peteroadtrucks . Where i live anyway

• Like 1

I agree, most new cars look 100% stupid. Who in the hell would drive a new 2012 Ford Fiesta?? Or a transexual "crossover" SUV.

Watch out for rainbow helicopters

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Well,,,,I have to admit,,,,,,Well,,um,,er,,,(Boy, its hot in here),,,gulp,,,I bought a brand new lime green Ford Pinto Hatchback in 1972! There,,happy now? I said it! Its the one I played chicken with a buzzard one day and won,,well,,lost. Dont give a rats ass, I liked that car! dammit! randyp

• Like 1

And also, Its the one I prolly own the land speed record to this day for a 4 cylinder. I come offn the biggest hill in Norhteast Texas, (Gilmont Hill), prolly the longest downhill grade in Texas also. That car made some strange sounds that day, dont know how fast i was going, speedo had rewound several times, was leaving a vapor trail, man, what a ride. I met that ole demon and lived to tell it! randyp

Saw one of these for sale beside the road on my way home today,and had to laugh! UGLIEST car GM ever built (in my opinion) and thats coming from a GM man through and through! obviously we are all "truck guys" but seems 99 percent of us on here also like old/vintage,modern cars as well. Thought it would be interesting to see others opinions of what the ugliest car ever made was?...................................Mark

I like it. One of my first- well actually the first memory- of cars was a '57 Chevrolet that my grandfather traded for a new 1960 Chevrolet. Both were black with white tops. The '60 had a 283 with a powerglide, I don't know what was in the '57.

I like the 55,56,and 57's and the 59 and 60 models, but I think the 58's were the ugliest.

Now I think those things that look like a shoe box on wheels are about the ugliest cars.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

And also, Its the one I prolly own the land speed record to this day for a 4 cylinder. I come offn the biggest hill in Norhteast Texas, (Gilmont Hill), prolly the longest downhill grade in Texas also. That car made some strange sounds that day, dont know how fast i was going, speedo had rewound several times, was leaving a vapor trail, man, what a ride. I met that ole demon and lived to tell it! randyp

I was a real hit with my date on my junior prom with my step mothers 1975 Impala wagon......needless to say I drove to the island of no nookie in that car.
  • Like 1

Well,,,,I have to admit,,,,,,Well,,um,,er,,,(Boy, its hot in here),,,gulp,,,I bought a brand new lime green Ford Pinto Hatchback in 1972! There,,happy now? I said it! Its the one I played chicken with a buzzard one day and won,,well,,lost. Dont give a rats ass, I liked that car! dammit! randyp

That's it, keep posting, let it all out. Admitting you owned a Pinto is the first step to recovery. The fact that yours was lime green might make the journey more difficult, but as they say "What doesn't kill you will make you stronger". I will say they you have probably had the most excitement in a Pinto aside from those that were involved in rear-end collisions.

I wasn't singling out Pintos they were just the first model that came to mind. I was 11 in late '73 when the '74's from the "Big Three" starting appearing in showrooms and I also went to Auto Show '74 at Madison Square Garden. I had nightmares for a month. I dreamt I was being chased by a Godzilla-like creature with 5 mph bumpers covering his mouth and arse. Can you imagine how traumatizing that is for an 11 year old?

Several years of therapy (including shock treatments) followed and I was eventually able to "take it to the next level" by staring straight into the grill of a '74 Maverick.

roundup200211.jpg

• Like 1

Jim

The only car that i can remember being traumatized by was my aunt/uncles 1960 plymouth valiant,had to ride with them to a wedding once when i was a kid,still have the occaisional nightmare,wost part was it was a metallic lilac (purple) with a white interior!.............................Mark

post-5836-0-70916300-1329062421_thumb.jp

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I wish you hadnt mentioned "Shock Treatments" Green, bad enough you had to make me admit i owned a pinto. Doctors tried shock treatment on me one time, silly bastards forgot to check my "polarity" before they turned juice on. Me, being old school, am positive ground. When they throwed voltage to me, i shit a turd out my pecker, pissed out my ass, started mumbling Mandarin chinese, and blew 14 transformers, shutting down half the city. I orta sued em! Some silly people still seem to think Im not right yet,,,for some reason,,,randyp

• Like 1

I wish you hadnt mentioned "Shock Treatments" Green, bad enough you had to make me admit i owned a pinto. Doctors tried shock treatment on me one time, silly bastards forgot to check my "polarity" before they turned juice on. Me, being old school, am positive ground. When they throwed voltage to me, i shit a turd out my pecker, pissed out my ass, started mumbling Mandarin chinese, and blew 14 transformers, shutting down half the city. I orta sued em! Some silly people still seem to think Im not right yet,,,for some reason,,,randyp

Was this before or after you bought the Pinto?

If before, it might explain why you did it.

If after, you may be confusing the after effects of shock treatment to Post-Pinto-Purchase-Plague. Every Pinto owner has experienced similar symptoms to some extent.

Tell me, does it hurt when I do this?....

pintowwf.jpg

• Like 1

Jim