1960 Mack B6-1

Matthew James

Dropped it a grand I see. Wish it had its original doggy on the hood.

I have a frame question for you two , if you treat the rust and clean the frame rails , I guess you can heat them up and pound them back into shape or are they always going to look like that ? Ive never had a double frame or triple frame truck.

Dropped it a grand I see. Wish it had its original doggy on the hood.

I have a frame question for you two , if you treat the rust and clean the frame rails , I guess you can heat them up and pound them back into shape or are they always going to look like that ? Ive never had a double frame or triple frame truck.

hehe didnt even notice that,jay,,,its in such piss poor shape,,i thought it was original..looks like a nice project truck,for someone,,,but he will still have to drop a few bucks.bob

Dropped it a grand I see. Wish it had its original doggy on the hood. I have a frame question for you two , if you treat the rust and clean the frame rails , I guess you can heat them up and pound them back into shape or are they always going to look like that ? Ive never had a double frame or triple frame truck.
You could do that but it is a lot of work. The truck would need taken completely apart and all crossmembers removed to separate the rails from each other and that is a rough job. The rust buildup is like welding them together. When you do get them apart you have to figure that rust came from someplace and it will be readily evident when you look at the pitting and degredation to the rails themselves. One is much better off to rerail, or section a truck and properly treat the members before putting them together.

While it is only my opinion for what it is worth, this truck is misrepresented and should be marketed as a parts donor. It is however elevated in price and marketed as a usable truck.

I could be wrong too.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

she looks a bit tired for that price. cab is in poor shape. there are pictures on ebay of some major cab rot not posted here. For 2500 its a nice project for someone with time, for 4 grand i would not touch it.

does anyone get the wheels of time magazine? there is a beautiful B61 from texas for 9K. worth looking at.

• Like 1

Thanks for explaing it to me, like i said, ive never had a double framed truck.

Im sure it would sell for 2500 , even as a truck to play around with. We all know its needing Heavy restoration , and I also rememebr seeing more of the bad pictures of rot , etc .on ebay that was left out when he put the ad here.

Id still be a buyer for less of a price.

Bob , could be the original dog and had his ears clipped when they cut down the frame.

I'm just trying to figure out what this truck is actually worth. All I know is that if you start too low than you lose. I've already learned that the hard way. This truck is what it is. I'm not trying to make it out to be something that its not. As long as I get feedback then this forum is doing its job.

I'm just trying to figure out what this truck is actually worth. All I know is that if you start too low than you lose. I've already learned that the hard way. This truck is what it is. I'm not trying to make it out to be something that its not. As long as I get feedback then this forum is doing its job.

I would start a listing on websites such as you have starting at about $1800.00. The "worth", or "value" of the truck will be determined by the parties interested in the purchase. Be prepared to realize substantially less than your initial asking price of $6000.00 via TruckPaper.com listing.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

If you want to honestly know what it is worth, provide a accurate description with all the good and bad areas highlighted and stick it on ebay starting at .99 cents with no reserve.

That is the only way you find out what it is worth at that point in time. Ebay sells more vehicles than anywhere else. The more times you advertise it at a high price, the less it will bring in the end as people shy away from something they have seen for sale multiple times.

Like water in a bulldog drinkin' bowl, with no reserve, the price will rise to the correct level.

Sure wish you would get it out west , id be a buyer knowing the problems with the rot and rust and the frame.

I've had trucks shipped to my place using "uship.com" several times. You can get some reasonable quotes as this truck would make a great backhaul, or partial for someone. If you can get it to my place, I can store it till you can come get it. There are four other trucks awaiting pickup here now from their owners.

I'm 20 miles west of Peoria, IL.

Rob

Rob , Thanks for the offer. Your alot closer than CT. Ive used uship twice pretty good. Maybe a hot shot can get it hauled pretty cheap. Id rather have the owner bring it so I can go over the truck in person. But thats wishfull thinking im sure. I went through IL on my way to CO with the U model.

Rob , Thanks for the offer. Your alot closer than CT. Ive used uship twice pretty good. Maybe a hot shot can get it hauled pretty cheap. Id rather have the owner bring it so I can go over the truck in person. But thats wishfull thinking im sure. I went through IL on my way to CO with the U model.

Fly out, personally inspect the unit if uncomfortable with sight unseen purchase. I think the condition of the unit is known and the guy is not purposely hiding anything. Be advised it will not be a "gravy train" restoration.

Rob

Something this far gone,and needing as much work as this one,is just not realistic to the "hobbyist" restorer at the asking price,and in my opinion will end up being a money pit,or even worse,never done. That is not to say the truck is without merit,or junk,but in my opinion,the truck is just not practical as a "fixer-upper". Someone wanting a few smaller projects,and a driver,would not be happy with all that needs to be done here,or become easily overwhelmed and just give up. I also believe a lower starting price initially would yield better results (sellingwise) and would not be suprized to see multiple offers come in,lotta'good stuff here,could be used on an existing B-model resto....................................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Something this far gone,and needing as much work as this one,is just not realistic to the "hobbyist" restorer at the asking price,and in my opinion will end up being a money pit,or even worse,never done.

If you do any restoration work on any vehicle you will quickly find out that you are far better off to pay more for a rig in better condition than you are to pick up a cheap "beater" and attempt to breathe life back into it. Simply put, the better the rig is to start with the less expensive it will be to get done, and you will always spend more working on a rig than you will to buy a rig in comparable condition.

The only way I would get into something like this was if it was so unique I couldn't find it in better shape. Standard Mack B-61 tractors don't fall into that category.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

If you do any restoration work on any vehicle you will quickly find out that you are far better off to pay more for a rig in better condition than you are to pick up a cheap "beater" and attempt to breathe life back into it. Simply put, the better the rig is to start with the less expensive it will be to get done, and you will always spend more working on a rig than you will to buy a rig in comparable condition.

The only way I would get into something like this was if it was so unique I couldn't find it in better shape. Standard Mack B-61 tractors don't fall into that category.

Well said! my point exactly!.....................................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.