Somebody's fixin' ta die 'round here....

RowdyRebel

Firefighters and deputies respond to early morning house fire

Posted: Jan 12, 2012 2:56 AM CST Thursday, January 12, 2012 3:56 AM EST

Updated: Jan 12, 2012 11:41 AM CST

WARE, IL (KFVS) -

Firefighters and sheriff's deputies were both called to the scene of a house fire in Ware early Thursday morning. But for deputies, it was at least the second time they were called there in the past 12 hours.

According to the Union County Sheriff's Department, the fire has destroyed the home at 45 Elm Drive in Ware.

Wolf Lake Volunteer Fire Department and Jonesboro Fire Department were called out around 1 a.m. Thursday to fight the fire.

By 2:30, the fire was under control but the home was a loss. By 4:30 wolf Lake fire crews were preparing to leave the scene.

According to the sheriff's department, they received a call of a disturbance at this home around 10 Wednesday night. When they arrived, they found people throwing rocks at each other. At some point the deputy's patrol car was hit by at least four rock. However, we're told the deputy brought the situation under control and left the scene.

However, the sheriff's department took another call not to long after the first of another disturbance. At this time it's unclear if they responded again and what happened at that time.

The sheriff's department does confirm the home that burned overnight was also targeted by someone breaking its windows and car windows in late December.

Sheriff David Livesay says his department has spent considerable resources investigating the rock throwing, but they haven't been able to locate the suspects.

"It's frustrating," he said. "We've even had our own patrol cars hit. We're doing everything in our power to find out where the rocks are coming from."

A neighbor tells us a family of five lived in the home.

They say there were the two parents and three children, ages 13, 16 and 18.

At this time, fire investigators are not saying what they think caused the fire. The state fire marshal has been called in to investigate further.

Morning update: Another rocky night in Ware

Posted: Jan 13, 2012 6:03 PM CST Friday, January 13, 2012 7:03 PM EST

Updated: Jan 14, 2012 11:46 AM CST

WARE, IL (KFVS) -

You could call it the nightmare on Elm Street. Friday was yet another "rocky" night for Union County deputies and homeowners on that road in Ware.

Officials with the Union County Sheriff's Department say the mysterious rock throwing in that town continued late Friday night and early Saturday morning. Authorities have not been able to learn where the rocks are coming from or who's throwing them.

But there is a bright side: there were no new fires in Ware Friday. Two fires this week destroyed one home and damaged another.

All day Friday, the Hancock brothers worked to clear away a pile of charred rubble that they used to call home; all the while wondering when more rocks might come their way.

For weeks, someone has been throwing or launching rocks in the direction of the Hancock home. The stones have broken windows, windshields and caused other damage. Then, early Thursday morning the Hancock home burned to the ground.

"We figured it'd stop after this," said the homeowner's son, Daniel Hancock.

But the rocks haven't stopped. Hancock says Thursday night, someone picked right back up and started throwing rocks again - breaking windows and shattering nerves.

"I wish they'd stop," Hancock said. "Dad don't want to pull in his new trailer in case it happens again."

Hancock's uncle and neighbor, Robert Pulliam, says the vandals hit his house Thursday night again too. But he says they damaged more than just a window pane this time. He says someone set a fire inside his son's bedroom window.

Pulliam says he burned his coat trying, but did manage to get the flames under control.

"I got it out with two pans of water and a pitcher of Kool Aide," said Pulliam.

While the fire didn't cause too much damage, he blames the rock-chucking vandals for this near disaster.

The fire remains under investigation, and police continue to search for whoever is throwing stones.

"They'd better catch him before I do, because I ain't letting my son get burned up in this house over stupidity," Pulliam said.

Last night, a window on the house next door was broke. I own that house, and use it as a fancy multi-room storage shed. Ol' Dozer started going absolutely crazy wanting out...so I let him out. I could tell that someone had been around, because he was sniffing around and KNEW someone had been there...but they were gone. After a while, I brought him back into the house, and immediately he was paying attention to the front door...so I let him out the front. That's when I saw the EXTREMELY heavy police presence across the tracks. Dozer saw 'em too and started barking at 'em. Of course, they shined their light over in my direction...and then one walked over to fill me in on what all was going on. I had seen the news to know what all was happening on the other side of town, but was unaware it had crossed over into my little corner over here. That's when the officer informed me that my other house had been hit (he didn't know it was also mine....until I told him it was). We went over there and investigated...looked for the rock or whatever it was that went through the window. Almost looks like a pellet gun.

The cops are all getting pretty PO'd, because the news media is painting them as a bunch of rubes that are incapable of catching whoever is responsible. They've been using thermal imaging goggles to try to find them, too....unsuccessfully. They try to organize posse's to flush 'em out, and they can't be sure the culprit isn't part of the posse.

Residents are taking up arms and going hunting, and the sheriff's deputies are fine with that. They are fed up and want this crap to stop...and if those responsible end up dead, so be it.

Dozer started acting up again tonight, so I went out to see what was going on and 2 residents from the other side of town saw me outside and came over to chat for a while. They were armed...and so was I. I've always got my .45 on my hip in and around my home. Standing outside talking, I heard projectiles plinking off the side of the tank trailer I pull.

I walked into the house, grabbed my 12 gauge, and joined in the hunt. Checked the tall grass between the house and the tracks...sent Dozer sniffing around to try to flush 'em out. Crossed the tracks and took a look around the landscape place, since that was the direction it was coming from. I'm thinking it's someone with a pellet gun, where they can stay relatively hidden and harass people without too much movement....just don't know where they are. To throw rocks, they'd have to be close enough you'd think they'd be easy enough to spot.

Went back in the house for a little while before Dozer's ears perked up & I heard another plink on the side of the trailer. Grabbed the shotgun & out the door I went again. I could hear shouting and pistols being shot across the highway....I hope they got the motherf***er. I hung around outside until a sheriff's car pulled in on the other side of the tracks and dimmed his lights.

I wonder how many calls 911 has fielded from "concerned motorists" about the gun-totin' individuals walking around or the gunfire that's rang out a few times now....

Oh well...I'm off to bed.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

What a bunch of fags. The only way those chicken sh!#s can intimidate anyone in to do it from cover. Hope you get ahold of them and give 'em a good lecture beating. Punching them in cadence to your words i.e. Dont...you...ever..come...to..my..side..of..town...again. Good luck in finding them.

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

I'm not out there looking for trouble unless trouble comes a-knockin'. As long as crap ain't hitting my house, my trucks, etc...I couldn't care less. Last night, I was outside talking to the boys who lost their home, though, and projectiles were flying our way....and that pissed me off.

As a general rule, I keep to myself...I don't go around looking for trouble....but if trouble comes looking for me, I don't run from it either.

Them ol' boys who lost their home, though....they are out for blood. Sheriff is out looking for these fools, too (over 70 man-hours of overtime so far related to this crap)....but they are also in a "look the other way" kinda mood as far as the vigilante thing goes. I highly doubt there would be any arrests made, as it's been going on long enough now that it is pretty much understood that any violence which takes place against the knucklehead vandals is done in self defense.

And I've never had any problem with the Sheriff or his deputies...most of them grew up around here and know what's what....it's the State Police you gotta be careful with.

Guns are cleaned, loaded, & ready to go hunting....but unless I'm dragged into it again tonight, I doubt I'll be out there.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Now this is the exact reason they invented NAPALM. They can hide all they want to, just get everybody away and call in a napalm strike. Napalm ignores rocks, bushes, shrubbery, trees, just burns the f*ck right through it and everybody in the way. Wont have to mow next spring either,,,,,randyp

Now this is the exact reason they invented NAPALM. They can hide all they want to, just get everybody away and call in a napalm strike. Napalm ignores rocks, bushes, shrubbery, trees, just burns the f*ck right through it and everybody in the way. Wont have to mow next spring either,,,,,randyp

Sticks to kids too.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.