This Is A Discrace!

Boy's, this isn't about loyalty to anyone. It's not about trucks that are built MACK tough. It's not about the construction industry, or even about the needs of the transportation industry today. Wishing and wanting is not going to change anything. You can jump up and down, and wave your arms, throw your hat down and stomp it, and that won't change anything. It is not about a bunch of fine old trucks manufactured and PURCHASED 20, 30, 40, or 50 years ago. What it is about is MARKET SHARE, plain and simple, and it is about right now. How did Volvo get strong enough to dominate? Well thats simple too, SOMEBODY HAD TO BUY THEM. That brings me to another subject, or should we just start another poll. What's sitting in your driveway, what does your wife drive to work, what do your kids drive to school. I have Fords and Chevy's in mine, they are all over 20 years old. GM and Ford are both in trouble big time, and something bought 20 years ago isn't helping them either. Trucks, and the trucking Industry are changing constantly, and it's not just the trucks that have to be tough. God Bless you all, have a good day. James

James,

it may be a market thing, but market or not there's in any way a driver can tell his friend that he's proud driving a Volvo.. but driving a Mack, with more then 100 years of history and that everybody know and thrust it's the thing... won't change a worn chrome bulldog ornament for a crated Volvo.

Next time you go by, the Mack sign will probably be down, replaced with a Vo#@%o sign.

It's a slow steady process, just as it was with White Autocar & GMC.

PREACH ON HERB PREACH ON Agree 100% w/ ya :clap:

PRECH ON ROB PREACH ON ALSO Agree 100% w/ you also :clap: A LONG SLOW TWIST IN THE BUTT BEFORE REMOVING ALSO A SCREW JOB W/O K.Y. JELLY TOO

it is a sad sight yall :(

later

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

I'm glad to see that i'm not the only one disgusted by that sissytruck company buying the best company that ever was. My grandpa would roll over in his grave if he knew what was going on. We all know what they did to Autocar, and i'm very afraid of what they're going to do to us. The only positive i've seen so far is that they have brought :mack1: an overhead cam motor, which is a better design than what we had in some ways. Anyone that has a 99 to 01 e-tech that's had valvetrain trouble like I have knows what I'm talking about.

The only positive i've seen so far is that they have brought :mack1: an overhead cam motor, which is a better design than what we had in some ways. Anyone that has a 99 to 01 e-tech that's had valvetrain trouble like I have knows what I'm talking about.

I agree that a diffrent engine was drasticly needed. Im not happy that the MP sieres engines will share most of the parts from a company known to destroy Truck Mfgs (volvo). but The electronic E7 was gutless unlike the mechanical E7s. something had to change to servive. I will give the MP line a chance as I have heard good things about it.

Regardless, to park new Volvos under a old Mack trucks Billboard

is disrespectfull to the Founders,Employees,and Owners. !

:bulldog1: hello guys,

Yep i have seen the same thing when being on holiday in Canada.

At combined dealerships Mack/Volvo. Both signs were on the buildings Mack in small letters and Volvo in big ones.

The Volvos were parked at the entrance and the Macks at the side or at the back!

When you tell the man or woman at the front desk that you come to have a look at the Macks 9 out of 10.

the first thing they tell you . Well we also sell Volvo. I guess it is the polici of Volvo headquarters to push the Volvo. I don't think customers like that. If they like the Macks they won't buy a Volvo.

:mack1: forever!!!!

My local mack dealer does not sell volvo and I hope they keep it that way. family owned and operated. how it should be.

It seams more aperant every day that Volvo wants there name out front and let mack just sit in the background. If anyone in Macks upper management had a clue or passion for macks they would not force or allow this type of market strangel hold.

Now tell them what you really think :angry:

http://www.volvo.com/trucks/na/en-us/Appli.../Contact+Us.htm

Here in NJ it seems the foreigners have taken over the triaxle dump truck business, mostly Turks but you see a lot of Mexicans too. They drive like animals - overloaded, way too fast, blowing stop signs and lights, in other words just ignorant and dangerous. You see them in Petes, Freightliners, Internationals and yes Macks but far and away the most popular for them is Volvo. An ugly truck with an ugly driver. I've noticed in recent years that when the DOT or troopers pull me over for a check they're not the b breakers they used to be I guess because I speak English and my trucks (both Macks) are safe and well maintained. When I need more material than I can haul myself on a job I call Planet Materials because "Nappy" runs only Macks and has American drivers. I can't deal with the low lifes that the quarries send out anymore, ignorant, who knows when they'll show up and when they do you can't communicate with them and they're usually driving guess what?, a Volvo. Bob

Ain't a Mack? Take it back!

personally im a super liner man but im stuck in a granite and i have to tell ya all that the aset motors are JUNK. sorry to disappoint everyone but its the truth. i have to downshift on small hills running empty while the old dogs are still blowin smoke. whats up with that. ive driven 300's that run way better than that thing thats in my truck.

personally im a super liner man but im stuck in a granite and i have to tell ya all that the aset motors are JUNK. sorry to disappoint everyone but its the truth. i have to downshift on small hills running empty while the old dogs are still blowin smoke. whats up with that. ive driven 300's that run way better than that thing thats in my truck.

I agree that the aset is kind of gutless. It's amazing even just the difference in 2 years from my CL to my Granite. Even though the E-tech doesn't lug down like the 237's and 300's I learned to drive on, from a dead stop or pulling a good grade it will walk right past that aset. Talked to a guy the other day while getting parts that bought a new MP-7 brine truck, so far he said it's great on fuel and performance. I don't know I guess we'll see. :idunno:

Reminds me of the days when we switched to unleaded gas..All the v-8's lost anywhere up to 100 HP.

Now 30 years later the 4cyl. engines make more HP then the 70's V-8..

Let's hope the diesel makers are a little faster in improvements on performance.

• 4 weeks later...

I contacted Volvo through their contact us link. I actually got a reply back. it said blah blah dealerships are independent owned we have no control over what they park where. blah blah blah We have plans to improve Mack and understand that it has a strong following blah blah blah.

Edited by JST

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I work at a Mack Dealer and thank god there is another dealer in town that sells volvo so we cant. I dread the the day that we have to sell those dame trucks

I also work for a mack dealer !

We might not sell the volvo trash but you and I are working on it unfortunatly!The cab is now the only thing remotely Mack any more! :(

Here in NJ it seems the foreigners have taken over the triaxle dump truck business, mostly Turks but you see a lot of Mexicans too. They drive like animals - overloaded, way too fast, blowing stop signs and lights, in other words just ignorant and dangerous. You see them in Petes, Freightliners, Internationals and yes Macks but far and away the most popular for them is Volvo. An ugly truck with an ugly driver. I've noticed in recent years that when the DOT or troopers pull me over for a check they're not the b breakers they used to be I guess because I speak English and my trucks (both Macks) are safe and well maintained. When I need more material than I can haul myself on a job I call Planet Materials because "Nappy" runs only Macks and has American drivers. I can't deal with the low lifes that the quarries send out anymore, ignorant, who knows when they'll show up and when they do you can't communicate with them and they're usually driving guess what?, a Volvo. Bob

Thats so true. I went with a new driver to take his CDL test in Dallas 10 years ago. I climbed down out of the passenger side of the cab I apologized to the Trooper walking up to the truck to give the test that the AC had gone out on the way to the test site. He gave me a little laugh and said "well, at least you fellas speak english"..

Still the Greatest Name in Trucks...Bulldogs rule, The rest drool....

Member ATHS and ATCA...

• 2 months later...
Sorry to post such trash? :(

post-17-1173752984_thumb.jpg

Well it seems that all the MACK trucks were sold and Volvo need the empty space of the Mack dealer to put their trucks to pasture because they are not selling them. VOLVO,no matter if you have one on ICE ROAD TRUCKERS as one of the show stars, Volvo trucks will never be equal to MACK.

To stop this, ecourage your felow Truckers to not buy any Volvo.

Dealers are still separate down here. Lots of Titans etc getting about but there'll always be lots of Volvos down here as well. Still great to see Rs every day getting around getting dirty.

Whatever rubs your buddah.

The Mack E Model Registry - 103 entries
The Mack A Model Registry - 14 entries

• 6 months later...
I agree that a diffrent engine was drasticly needed. Im not happy that the MP sieres engines will share most of the parts from a company known to destroy Truck Mfgs (volvo). but The electronic E7 was gutless unlike the mechanical E7s. something had to change to servive. I will give the MP line a chance as I have heard good things about it.

Regardless, to park new Volvos under a old Mack trucks Billboard

is disrespectfull to the Founders,Employees,and Owners. !

I love my electronic E7, eccept for the fact that i have to keep it in the rpm band for it to build boost and pull worth a damn, but also to enlighten you on the MP engine, my best friend has one that we truck with side by side everyday and i have drove his new MP7 granite and i have to say DAMN is it a pullin motor, its the 405hp and man that thing pulls from idle to 2200, we have had one complaint about the motor and its about the horrible fuel mileage ( 5.1mpg), but volvo is supposed to be doing a software flash that will fix it. dunno, well see what happens. you can definatly tell that quality is not built into the new :mack1: trucks like my CH and the old R models thats for sure :angry:

1993 Mack CH613 350 V-mac complete with Blixxton II module, RTX14710B Fuller tranny, 4.17 ratio 38K camelback rears, converted to 5-axle dump truck in 1999. Over 1 Million miles and counting on original motor