New truck finally arrived.

• 5 weeks later...

Customer reports that he loves the truck, The 505 has more power than his 485HP and at first got 1/2 of a mile per gallon better (6.5 MPG) than his old truck on every run and after a few weeks of running he is getting 3/4 of a mile per gallon ( 6.72 MPG) better the more it gets broken in. He does short, heavy loads in stop and go traffic.

Good looking truck. I love the square nose, instead of the rounded off stuff like most new ones are.

The axle-forward Granite is the only "aero" truck I care for....if I had to buy a new truck, I'm not sure if I'd opt for another CH or the Granite. The new CH wouldn't look much different from the truck I've got now, 'cept for the doors which would have those weak-ass mirrors which explode upon impact (mine have been hit 3 times on narrow roads & ain't lost a fight yet) and the lack of a wing window (which I wouldn't be happy with). Hell, I'm still pissed my door doesn't have that little vent in the bottom (especially since I don't have AC)...so I'm not about to "upgrade" to a truck with a door I'm even less enthused with.

...so I guess my '01 will have to last me a while. :tease:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

It only needs 4 big letters on the center of thje front grill. M A C K. Not that tinny MACK on the lower corner of the grill. Be proud to dislpaly your name M A C K the way it should be.

And for the CERTIFIED CLEAN IDLE sticker, well you might remove it and place it on another part of the truck so you don't make any enviro-freak mad about it.

It only needs 4 big letters on the center of thje front grill. M A C K. Not that tinny MACK on the lower corner of the grill. Be proud to dislpaly your name M A C K the way it should be.

And for the CERTIFIED CLEAN IDLE sticker, well you might remove it and place it on another part of the truck so you don't make any enviro-freak mad about it.

Screw that...plastic grilles are weak. Swap it out for a metal one like mine....ain't got no letters on mine, but it does a fine job killing birds without exploding upon impact.

...and as for the "Certified Clean Idle" sticker and the enviro-freaks....I couldn't care less if I made one mad. Hell, I ENJOY pissing them off. If I bought a new truck, I'd have to get one of these to put over that stupid sticker rather than removing it....

red-circle-slash-0.gif

Or perhaps one of these stickers just above it to the left.....

peeon_calvin_finger.jpg

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Fixed it for ya...

And after you finish that task we could commence bombing the perimeter for a buffer zone.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Got most of the chrome put on today, Going to do a tire/wheel swap, getting 22.5 low pros with super singles on the back. On the specs, I will have to get the exact model numbers but I know its a 505HP but I dont know what version ( C, E or M). The trans is a Mack 10 speed ( again dont know model). Rears are Rockwells with aluminum carriers and ultra light air ride. The ratio is around 3.53. I will find out more tommorrow and hopefully have some more pics.

You can now get MACK rears in that ratio and taller...WHY would you want anything else??? Aluminum? Saving weight is one thing but Durability is another. Sorry but my MACK pride was bruised. Nice ride.
  • Like 1

THE GREATEST NAME IN TRUCKS

MACK TRUCKS

You can now get MACK rears in that ratio and taller...WHY would you want anything else??? Aluminum? Saving weight is one thing but Durability is another. Sorry but my MACK pride was bruised. Nice ride.

Yup. What's the point in buying a Mack if you aren't getting the complete Mack drive train?

• Like 1

Great looking truck. I think a decked out CH is the best looking truck on thre road. Question though how can you factory ordera truck and not know if the engine is a maxidyne/econodyne/or (forgot what C is) These three options are programmed quite differently for different applications. You must have been so excited you forgot. I am guessing the salesman speced it to your

application. Have a good one. :twothumbsup:

The "C" stands for Maxi CRUISE.

THE GREATEST NAME IN TRUCKS

MACK TRUCKS

It's all about the weight and money. The Mack rears cant come close to the weight savings. And he will have done traded in the truck by the time durability comes into play.

It's all about the weight and money. The Mack rears cant come close to the weight savings. And he will have done traded in the truck by the time durability comes into play.

Wish I had that problem....I prefer to run them forever. With a Mack drivetrain! I do know guys that have it figured it out to where they prefer to make the payments, trade out every 3-4 years, and not lay underneath of it. The one fella says that if he is under his truck, call 911' cuz it prolly ran him over. -Brad

thats a twin to my new ride. best of luck to you 2011 505hp 18 sp. 390 rears 205 wheel base.

hell mines even at the dealer as i type. sorry but its the 6th time to mack for the same problem.

love the truck good ride BUT HATE THE EMISSIONS BULL.

I CAN ONLY HOPE THEY GET IT RIGHT THIS TIME.

Yup. What's the point in buying a Mack if you aren't getting the complete Mack drive train?

AMEN BROTHER !!! GIVE ME A PURE BREED BULLDOG W/ A GOLD DOG ON THE HOOD !!!!! NOT A MUTT !!!! I want make sure a :MackLogo: that i own has everything in it w/ MY NAME ON IT !! :thumb:;)

Everybody has thier own prefernces but myself i like a purebreed Bulldog !

The only Mutt we owned was an 83 Superdog w/ a NTC 400 BC Cummins & thats because the driver that drove this truck drove for my faily for 30 yrs & pop & dad kept him happy . ;) over all it was a good truck just strange hearing a dog hum insted of growl . ;)

BTW Good looking bulldog !

Later yall

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude: