Anybody buy tires lately?

MACKS

Can't believe the price of tires,just got a price on Goodyear 12/24.5 from the tire shop I always use and who always has the pest prices he told me 690 apiece,just last summer the same tire was five and change even the continental tire in that size was almost six hundred,he also told me the price is just gonna keep going up along with the price of oil and everything else,Not looking good at all !!!

Yeah I bought 8 Firestone FD690's they where out the door 5 and change. I dread to see what my Michillin Steers are going to be when I get them again which are 425's Might go with Continentals again on the fronts. When I bought them last year 1011 a piece. They suck and going to need 4 more trailer tires this year and 4 more on the Lift axle.

$1236.61 for a pair of Michelin XZE2 LRH in 11R24.5 on 10/26

...then another $94.70 to have 'em mounted & balanced. Normally, I do my own tires...but the last set only lasted 6 months. Breaking the leaf spring may have had something to do with it...but the wear looked like an out-of-balance situation, so I figured a little extra to get 'em spin balanced might make 'em last a little longer. :idunno:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

we just got 4 michelins for pickup cosco,,250 a piece,,thought that was awfully high,,,i need all 10 for DM ill probably have to just put them on plastic,,,after listening to you guys,,im kinda hopin can find some takeoffs from a container chassis,,like to dump these split rims,,,i used to change them in a tire shop,in the 70,s when i was young,,but nowdays i would rather get rid of them,,they make me nervous,as a big fat old man.lol.bob

Can't believe the price of tires,just got a price on Goodyear 12/24.5 from the tire shop I always use and who always has the pest prices he told me 690 apiece,just last summer the same tire was five and change even the continental tire in that size was almost six hundred,he also told me the price is just gonna keep going up along with the price of oil and everything else,Not looking good at all !!!

We used to run 12r24.5 on the drives of our tri axle dump but with the prices of tires we down graded to 11r24.5 since the prices have soared. I know you need the weight capacity on a tandem dump, but they really hit you on the price of the 12's. I used to run Conti Hsc's and they were right around $400. They were over $600 when I switched to the 11's. Bought 8 11r24.5 Yokohama 16ply 501za for $405 a piece last may. I dont want to know what they are now.

I just priced getting some of my own casings re-capped and a 11r24.5 is over $200 on MY CASING! I dont want to know what they are going to get for a 11.00 24!

We used to run 12r24.5 on the drives of our tri axle dump but with the prices of tires we down graded to 11r24.5 since the prices have soared. I know you need the weight capacity on a tandem dump, but they really hit you on the price of the 12's. I used to run Conti Hsc's and they were right around $400. They were over $600 when I switched to the 11's. Bought 8 11r24.5 Yokohama 16ply 501za for $405 a piece last may. I dont want to know what they are now.

I just priced getting some of my own casings re-capped and a 11r24.5 is over $200 on MY CASING! I dont want to know what they are going to get for a 11.00 24!

Caps here is 210.00 with their carcuse but they have short supply of carcues now that the chinees tires is coming in here.Those tires will not cap.

glenn akers

I run caps . Lite wt. and not much highway driving. $250 their casing. Company will only cap virgin tires. hard time getting 11-22.5

The steers, only brand new. Not looking forward to them 425/65/22.5 Sumitomo on now. I figure about $1500 when time

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian