Anyone Know Who Owns This Truck?

Those are Mass. tags on it, so you may try contacting one of the MA chapters of ATCA or ATHS. I assume you already blew up the image to try to read the registration card on the windshield.

And I wouldn't be a bit surprised to find out it is from St. J or Holmes given their large presence in New England.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

I remember St Johnsbury U models at the Springfield Mass terminal that had the Cummins V-903's. Great sounding engines but I guess they were gas hogs. The 903 had 320 HP but the HP came from high revs. Not good on torque and sucked up fuel. Holmes ran every kind of mack conventional. L,B,R,U. Never saw any Mack COE's for Holmes.

I remember St Johnsbury U models at the Springfield Mass terminal that had the Cummins V-903's. Great sounding engines but I guess they were gas hogs. The 903 had 320 HP but the HP came from high revs. Not good on torque and sucked up fuel. Holmes ran every kind of mack conventional. L,B,R,U. Never saw any Mack COE's for Holmes.

interesting,,,only remember holmes with U models.bob

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I drove a '74 Transtar with a VT903. They were good for 2600 rpms, ran similar to a 318 Detroit and you had to keep them wound up. Don't remember what kind of fuel milage they got, it wasn't much of an issue then. And they did sound good.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.