Blistering Speed Demon:

Rob

Had to take the R795 out for a drive this afternoon although not very fast. The truck has no glass, or doors installed onto the cab but that wasn't enough reason to stop. I drove a little over a mile down the hiway at the top of second gear against the governor which is about 2350 rpm. The engine was really loaded up from being idled so much around the shop over the past couple of years. It's been over 27 running hours since installing the new tachometer, and the down pipe from the turbocharger was light and fluffy black carbon. Getting the exhaust temp up a bit shure helped as the engine idles a lot better now.

Don't know how fast I was going but it was a "brisk" ride. Couldn't have been over 10mph I wouldn't think and with driving into a breeze it was chilly.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Had to take the R795 out for a drive this afternoon although not very fast. The truck has no glass, or doors installed onto the cab but that wasn't enough reason to stop. I drove a little over a mile down the hiway at the top of second gear against the governor which is about 2350 rpm. The engine was really loaded up from being idled so much around the shop over the past couple of years. It's been over 27 running hours since installing the new tachometer, and the down pipe from the turbocharger was light and fluffy black carbon. Getting the exhaust temp up a bit shure helped as the engine idles a lot better now.

Don't know how fast I was going but it was a "brisk" ride. Couldn't have been over 10mph I wouldn't think and with driving into a breeze it was chilly.

Rob

At which point the truck ran out of fuel

• Like 1

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Nope, not this time. Damn passenger side tank is plum full and it don't leak.

After last spring's event of running out of fuel and trapesing across a mile and a half of fresh tilled cornfields, I decided enough of this bullshit. If it leaves the drive, I know there is fuel in the tank(s).

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Nope, not this time. Damn passenger side tank is plum full and it don't leak.

After last spring's event of running out of fuel and trapesing across a mile and a half of fresh tilled cornfields, I decided enough of this bullshit. If it leaves the drive, I know there is fuel in the tank(s).

Rob

Don't feel too bad; A friend of mine's antique ran out of fuel in the middle of the Washington DC St. Patricks Day parade. Now that's embarrassing.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Don't feel too bad; A friend of mine's antique ran out of fuel in the middle of the Washington DC St. Patricks Day parade. Now that's embarrassing.

There is always help available when something like that happens; some good, some not so good. Seems most every year in the local homecoming parade someone has an antique car, or tractor give trouble during the route, (usually John Deere) LOL. Of course, none of this is televised for the world to view........

Rob

Saw on BBC news tonight the president talking about the never say die attitude of the American worker. Show a clip of a Mack....no doors, no glass roaring down the highway at 8.99999 M.P.H.. Was that you Rob??

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Saw on BBC news tonight the president talking about the never say die attitude of the American worker. Show a clip of a Mack....no doors, no glass roaring down the highway at 8.99999 M.P.H.. Was that you Rob??

Musta been when I caught that tailwind.

Rob

• 2 weeks later...