I knew there was a reason....

roscoe69

Yeah, I was laying on the ground pressure washing under the truck when I read the script on the trans. I said wow! tetrapoid? that's a new word for my vocabulary. I think I'm going to call into work on Monday and tell em' I can't come in because my "Tetrapoid" is acting up.

get up under Killer with a pressure washer, you might already have 'em.

That is what gets me going in the morning. I, (like most every Mack owner) suffer from an affliction known as "Tetrapoiditis"

It is fairly easy to live with however with a good cup of coffee in the morning.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

...I haven't done that since I was a teenager...

I remember when I had one to play with; several Mack trucks ago.......

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

• 8 months later...

Mack transmissions feature "Tetrapoid gears" which are stronger, longer-lived and quieter than those of conventionaldesign (as well as invalute transmission-shaft splines for greater stamina).

HEY JUST ONE MINUTE HERE!! That was one of the first things I told my wife about myself just before I married her !

BULLHUSK

• Like 1

With gears, it's all about the transmission of power with little power loss and noise. Straight cut teeth are strong, but whine pretty bad at speed. Helical cut gears are quiet, but aren't as efficient or strong. You need to be somewhere in the middle. I guess that is where Mack came up with their version. Little mix of everything.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"