New toy to hurt myself with!

Greg Rider

Yup, most of them function that way(run backwards in reverse), as it's simpler and cheaper then a transmission.

Depending on how well it was maintained is how well it runs and not smoke like a train LOL!

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

It runs great. The oil injection works for now but I've been reading that they aren't to be trusted and to mix the gas/oil manually. it doesn't smoke at all and naturally the governor has been removed! :loldude: . It is crazy thinking that the engine runs backwards but with a 2 stroke and a reed valve intake I guess it doesn't care.

#1 on A-model registry

If I drink because of work, why can't I drink at work?

Heh Heh,,,I like that Greg, thas cool. When you mention running backwards though, I have flashbacks of my old R-model having a spell a few months back and running backwards, that was not an enjoyable moment, sitting loaded on steep hill, lake behind me. I aged a lot that day,,,LOL,,,,randyp :blush:

Heh Heh,,,I like that Greg, thas cool. When you mention running backwards though, I have flashbacks of my old R-model having a spell a few months back and running backwards, that was not an enjoyable moment, sitting loaded on steep hill, lake behind me. I aged a lot that day,,,LOL,,,,randyp :blush:

Be careful with that running backward , you could run into a cave and not know it.

• Like 1

Greg, What's the payload on that bed? Rob's goin want to hitch a ride.

Better have one hell of a set of springs under it for me to ride.

Rob

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I remember you having an issue with the R running backwards. I knew the detroits could do that also.

#1 on A-model registry

Better have one hell of a set of springs under it for me to ride.

Rob

First off let us remember this is JUST A GOLF CART!!!!! Springs would become the usless metal holding nothing that works together. Tires would be the next issue. It only has singles in the rear and no tag axle. The 9hp engine would quit, torque converter would overheat and melt under the extreme demand. The box is only 1/2" plywood with some reinforcement in the corners. I don't think it has enough cubic volume for his lifestyle. If we could outfit a Kenworth C-500 with 4 drive axles shod with solid tires, twin steer, and a second pusher engine in the rear, we could get him from the house to the shop but I think current road construction methods would prohibit actual road trips.

• Like 1

#1 on A-model registry

First off let us remember this is JUST A GOLF CART!!!!! Springs would become the usless metal holding nothing that works together. Tires would be the next issue. It only has singles in the rear and no tag axle. The 9hp engine would quit, torque converter would overheat and melt under the extreme demand. The box is only 1/2" plywood with some reinforcement in the corners. I don't think it has enough cubic volume for his lifestyle. If we could outfit a Kenworth C-500 with 4 drive axles shod with solid tires, twin steer, and a second pusher engine in the rear, we could get him from the house to the shop but I think current road construction methods would prohibit actual road trips.

Don't forget to incorporate some type of liquid chiller system into the seats cause I hate to ooze onto other people's property.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.