Ch Models

The basic truck is a CH600. A CH612 is a Mack powered single drive truck, a CH613 is a Mack powered tandem drive truck. I cannot remember any more if Mack offered any other power in the CH but during the run of the CL Cat power was avalible and they were CL753's and Cummins Power was avaible and they were CL733's if memory serves me. The MH was the same/similar as well.

I think I'm with you Bob, Kinda like F150-F650 is a F series. I know a ch 612 is a single axle, so you're probably right.

ya,,exactly,,i have a f150,,really like it...wife usually drives it,,i have to use the taurus.lol...and my DM600,says DM607,on the serial no.bob

The basic truck is a CH600. A CH612 is a Mack powered single drive truck, a CH613 is a Mack powered tandem drive truck. I cannot remember any more if Mack offered any other power in the CH but during the run of the CL Cat power was avalible and they were CL753's and Cummins Power was avaible and they were CL733's if memory serves me. The MH was the same/similar as well.

pretty good rundown,,hate to see people put cummins in,,but differant parts of country,the cummins is alott easier to get parts.bob

That's a pretty good run down Terry T, thanks. I don't think the CH offered anything other than mack engines, but just because I've never seen one doesn't mean anything.

pretty good rundown,,hate to see people put cummins in,,but differant parts of country,the cummins is alott easier to get parts.bob

I'm with you Bob, but I'd rather see a Cat or Cummins before a Mercedes, Etc.

Edited by a5redwing

Drew

That's a pretty good run down Terry T, thanks. I don't think the CH offered anything other than mack engines, but just because I've never seen one doesn't mean anything.

I'm with you Bob, but I'd rather see a Cat or Cummins before a Mercedes, Etc.

oh,i like your picture,,nice,,ive never seen a cummins in one,either,and,,thats saying something out here,in nevada,and california,ya cummins are great engine,,we run them at work,,in our kenworths,,they hardly have any problems,we go thru clutch fans,and some electric swiches,,but the basic motors hold together pretty good,,but i know guys,at conway,that run mercedes in thier sterlings,,they tell me thier junk..bob

• 9 years later...

Yes, the CH was only available with the E7 Mack.

The CL originally was available with E7, E9, Series 60 Detroit and 3406 Cat. Detroit disappeared (can't remember which year) and when the E9 and Cat were discontinued from them it was E7 and Signature/ISX Cummins only.

I could be wrong but I think the last years of production the ONLY engine in the CL was the ISX.

I'm lucky enough to have driven all versions.

Edited by Bullheaded
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/11/2021 at 5:11 PM, Bullheaded said:

Yes, the CH was only available with the E7 Mack.

The CL originally was available with E7, E9, Series 60 Detroit and 3406 Cat. Detroit disappeared (can't remember which year) and when the E9 and Cat were discontinued from them it was E7 and Signature/ISX Cummins only.

I could be wrong but I think the last years of production the ONLY engine in the CL was the ISX.

I'm lucky enough to have driven all versions.

There were 5 CHs built as a test for a US customer with L10 Cummins in the early 90s. They exist on the Mack parts system as CH633s. Never made it to production and not sure who they were built for.

• Like 1