Lit Up Mack!

No, no, not at all- Rob had just painted that truck in the "big top paint shop" and the radiation levels were still a little high. It'll look normal in a few days.

I forget where i found that picture,but the truck WAS called "toxic shock" or something like that....Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I forget where i found that picture,but the truck WAS called "toxic shock" or something like that....Mark

Looks cool! Definitely should be a nuclear theme! Haha

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

• 2 weeks later...

I DON'T think mackdaddy cares for cali.

i admitt i don't go there cause im sceered

I don't run out there very much anymore either,don't miss it at all! dont miss the "supercoop" at Banning,CA either! seems like they have something against us "easterners"! seems the DOT men just dont apprecieate the NJ/NY "attitude" LOL!..............Mark

I don't run out there very much anymore either,don't miss it at all! dont miss the "supercoop" at Banning,CA either! seems like they have something against us "easterners"! seems the DOT men just dont apprecieate the NJ/NY "attitude" LOL!..............Mark

Are they as bad as Odessa MO. scales used to be,(maybe still are). got hammered there a few years ago and havent been back.

Are they as bad as Odessa MO. scales used to be,(maybe still are). got hammered there a few years ago and havent been back.

Ya know there are a few things I remember my grandpa talking about not going; one was Odessa, MO. He would route trucks so they didn't have to deal with those "horses asses", (his words). I remember him telling me there would not be a damned thing wrong with your truck but they would hang you up over an hour sometimes.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I never had any "issues" with the scales in Missouri,i gave it some thought and came up with the best and worst states to deal as far as scales and DOT enforcement (in my opinion)

WORST

#1 California (chickenshit/ A**holes)

#2 Maryland (nazis)

#3 Ohio (Uber nazis)

#4 Louisiana (anything for a buck)

#5 Virginia (anything for a buck to the second power)

BEST

#1 Texas (good knowledgeable officers)

#2 Kentucky (go out of there way to help)

#3 Iowa (no-nonsense,good officers)

#4 New Jersey (really!)

#5 Kansas (they want you to be safe)

* Oregon/Wash.state tied for worst! these 2 can be a damn nightmare sometimes!

Only scales I cross are the ones at the shipper & receiver. I plan my routes accordingly to avoid roads that have scales.

Ain't a scale ever been built that ya can't get around if'n ya plan ahead. Trick is, you can't wait until the last exit before and take the frontage road past the scale to get back on at the first exit past them....they look for that. Take off through the woods early enough and you're off their radar. :thumb:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I never had any "issues" with the scales in Missouri,i gave it some thought and came up with the best and worst states to deal as far as scales and DOT enforcement (in my opinion)

WORST

#1 California (chickenshit/ A**holes)

#2 Maryland (nazis)

#3 Ohio (Uber nazis)

#4 Louisiana (anything for a buck)

#5 Virginia (anything for a buck to the second power)

BEST

#1 Texas (good knowledgeable officers)

#2 Kentucky (go out of there way to help)

#3 Iowa (no-nonsense,good officers)

#4 New Jersey (really!)

#5 Kansas (they want you to be safe)

* Oregon/Wash.state tied for worst! these 2 can be a damn nightmare sometimes!

Where does Mississippi fit?

Going out to Texas after Ike, little fat man come flyin out. You have to come inside here. "Calls" his supervisor. Oh, OK for these trucks going to do clean-up work. So I ask about the return trip. No problem. Well, me and 4 dump trucks headin home and I swear it was the same little fat man. Pay for a three day permit to be out of the state in like 3 hours. Cost of doing business. After Katrina the told everyone-$125 CASH or you don't move Bastards

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Going out to Texas after Ike, little fat man come flyin out. You have to come inside here. "Calls" his supervisor. Oh, OK for these trucks going to do clean-up work. So I ask about the return trip. No problem. Well, me and 4 dump trucks headin home and I swear it was the same little fat man. Pay for a three day permit to be out of the state in like 3 hours. Cost of doing business. After Katrina the told everyone-$125 CASH or you don't move Bastards

I think Buffort T Justice was from Mississippi.

MS. was on my "long" list,they can be pretty chickenshit as well! first time i was through MS. when my truck was new,i had the temp.plate on the dash,not the bumper,when i pulled through the scale,got the red light/come inside.....Hillbilly asks me "why aint you plate on yer bumper?" i explained why,was'nt good enough for him,ended up with a $75.00 ticket for "innproerted dissplay of veerhikle identifimication" his spelling (really!) brand new truck (at the time) what a way to start a trip! all because i did'nt want to drill holes in my bumper and had'nt had time to weld up a bracket at home!.........Mark

I dont think so. they are LED bulbs that fit in the same sockets and no they dont glare off the glass its just a nice glow. However I made a mistake and bought some LED bulbs that are on/off only, they cant be dimmed, I also bought LED bulbs that can dim with the dash control knob. I will be replacing the ones that dont dim. The ones that do dim can be controled like a normal light bulb. Regardless they add a litte diffrent touch to the truck.