New Plow Truck?

Has anyone seen any 2009-2011 mack plow trucks? The County I work for is talking about a new single axel.They are talking about a 4x4.Just looking for input and pics?

The township where I live just got a new Granite tandem. I just noticed it the other day and will post photos ASAP. Nice to see Mack is back in town. They have an older RD then got 2 Peterbilts in between.

Gregg

I have been hearing that Mack lost the Penndot contract; however, the most recent truck contract seems to indicate that they will be purchasing Macks, Internationals, Volvos, and Western Stars.

Here are few newer Granite snow plows I've caught. (Last one is a soon-to-be plow truck)

100_0704.jpg?t=1293405464

100_0795.jpg?t=1293405480

100_1909.jpg?t=1293405486

100_2253.jpg?t=1293405472

100_6689.jpg?t=1293405502

100_0166.jpg?t=1293405456

101_0188.jpg?t=1293405870

The township where I live just got a new Granite tandem. I just noticed it the other day and will post photos ASAP. Nice to see Mack is back in town. They have an older RD then got 2 Peterbilts in between.

Gregg

Here is the new plow truck in my town, Upper Mt. Bethel Township, PA.

post-2694-0-73721800-1293889515_thumb.jp

I didn't see a referendum on the ballot for a stainless visor, but it looks good anyway. :thumb:

Here is the new plow truck in my town, Upper Mt. Bethel Township, PA.

post-2694-0-73721800-1293889515_thumb.jp

I didn't see a referendum on the ballot for a stainless visor, but it looks good anyway. :thumb:

The stainless visor was taken from (your) property tax payment so you will feel better about paying

gallery_133_137_10125.jpg

Thanks for hearing me out.

You can have the soap box now---------JIM

'granitefan713' timestamp='1293405614' post='69272']

I have been hearing that Mack lost the Penndot contract; however, the most recent truck contract seems to indicate that they will be purchasing Macks, Internationals, Volvos, and Western Stars.

What I have seen in the past few years with Mack and Penndot

Alot of break downs with sensors and things breaking off like wiper arms (stupid stuff)

But that meant more time for rental trucks

Penndot wanted to put the Calcium Chloride tank between the cab and box,,,someone that drives a desk said, sure you

can,,,,,,fail was not tested,,,,,,one or two re-gens the tank melted.

International,,, has and will build any configuration a big customer wants

It may be temporary to try other vendors until Mack gets things straightened out

Waste Management Has been throwing new peterbilts out into service to make Mack wake up

gallery_133_137_10125.jpg

Thanks for hearing me out.

You can have the soap box now---------JIM

• 2 weeks later...

Mack kicked International off of the Severe Duty contract for Missouri DOT (MoDOT) last year. MoDOT is downsizing their fleet by changing their fleet from a lot of medium duty International 7400's to fewer trucks by going with a larger truck that pull Tow Plows. Pretty neat to watch in action.

post-420-0-04457100-1294980887_thumb.jpg

interesting concept. Takes the sideways stress off of the frame with wing plows. Also, if you find heavier snow, the entire truck doesn't get shoved. Just the trailer. Wonder if FDOT has any?

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

You won't see any new Macks for Penndot. I heard they lost the contract for any more trucks. Does anyone out there know for sure if that's true?

Mack lost the contract to International. I heard the International Pendot trucks were all to be delivered by November but that has not happened. I understand International now has to pay a fee to Penndot because they are late. It is standard on larger orders to have fees for late deliverly. We are hopefull to get the next Pendot order.

I hear International is in real trouble with the engines. A salesman told me some Mack's we are demo'ing in International fleets are getting 1 mpg better.

I was told one of the reasons Mack lost Pendot was the body builder. See other post The "end" Of Theile Manufacturing (Body) Company, Windber, Pa Bankruptcy auction November 22nd, 2010 . They changed the welding of the body and they started to fail. Then they went bankrupt and Mack was stuck repairing the body.

interesting concept. Takes the sideways stress off of the frame with wing plows. Also, if you find heavier snow, the entire truck doesn't get shoved. Just the trailer. Wonder if FDOT has any?

I've seen a few of these on the road,never in action,i always wondered how they worked....FDOT may need one up around jacksonville,i have seen as much as .0001 inches of snow there on several ocaisions!................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I've seen a few of these on the road,never in action,i always wondered how they worked....FDOT may need one up around jacksonville,i have seen as much as .0001 inches of snow there on several ocaisions!................Mark

And the area was PARALYZED

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian