Hit The Jackpot...or So I Thought!

Driving around my town I spotted a cabover and what looked liked heavy truck salvage off the highway behind some woods. As I drive up I spotted these! Could not believe my eyes! 4 B models and an R600 with a dump bed attached! There is even an LTL that looks like it was just parked there and left. Also an old Brockway...I talked to the neighbors (a scrap yard) and they told me about the owner and how he would not sell ANYTHING and that he would rather scrap something than sell it...Well, that was a heartbreaker. They said he hauls heavy stuff, like tanks and such. Once I get my truck licensed, I will drive it to his house, THEN ask if he would part with some parts!

post-6773-023962300 1291394114_thumb.jpg

post-6773-086224700 1291394121_thumb.jpg

post-6773-084061700 1291394128_thumb.jpg

post-6773-061765200 1291394138_thumb.jpg

post-6773-060806400 1291394147_thumb.jpg

post-6773-095075500 1291394153_thumb.jpg

post-6773-099471300 1291394159_thumb.jpg

I've ran into a few like that, some people would rather let the trucks rot then see someone else get them :MackLogo:

Yeah, like the people on L.I.Avenue and the people on Route 58 Avenue with the goodies near us... Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

like the guys that have their fathers b models amd h models near me their dad wanted to sell them but they threw a fit saying that they wanted to fix them up. its been close to a year sence then and they havent moved a single one of them and prob never will... joe

There is a crazy guy in Illinois that won't sell any Mack stuff. His wife has threatened to remove anatomy or trucks and he doesn't care.

I think I know the guy you're talking about, doesn't he have a thing for bears too?

• Like 1

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

• 2 weeks later...

Great find, mate, but sad to know the trucks will probably rot where they sit.

'Collectors' like that seem to be all over the world. Plenty like that down here too. To some extent good on them for svaing what they do but ... no sense of fun. LOL.

Whatever rubs your buddah.

The Mack E Model Registry - 103 entries
The Mack A Model Registry - 14 entries

Nice find! its a real shame when you come across someone like that! one persons "junk" is another persons treasure! when i still lived in NJ,i tried for YEARS to buy a car that sat out behind a barn (1969 olds 442,425,4 speed in triple black)" no,no its lot for sale","he's gonna fix it up" after the owner died,new people bought the property,i inquired once more,but by then it was too far gone to be saved! real shame,because had i restored this particular car,in todays market it would have put my son through college!...........Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Nice find! its a real shame when you come across someone like that! one persons "junk" is another persons treasure! when i still lived in NJ,i tried for YEARS to buy a car that sat out behind a barn (1969 olds 442,425,4 speed in triple black)" no,no its lot for sale","he's gonna fix it up" after the owner died,new people bought the property,i inquired once more,but by then it was too far gone to be saved! real shame,because had i restored this particular car,in todays market it would have put my son through college!...........Mark

Hi, down here has same problem and there known as 2 words one starts with F and second one starts with W!

Grant

I think I know the guy you're talking about, doesn't he have a thing for bears too?

Yup, making a bear squeal with delight is a favorite pastime!!!

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.