Its 2010, What Are The Chances Of This Happening?

I pulled my drop deck today into a local truck tire store to try and get a tube for a 1000x15. When I got there, this RS795LST was in the bay getting 10 new tires and wheels. I wound up buying the ten 1000x22's and wheels they were taking off. They were in great shape, but are old. The truck is in very good shape and has been repowered with a 3406 Cat. Not sure if its a DI A model or a B model, but it is definitely not PC. I talked to the owner by phone and he still uses it to pull some farm Cat's around.

All the guys in the shop were trying to figure out the odds of 2 Mack RS700L's in the shop at the same time, much less the same month nowadays.

post-420-034344700 1284069090_thumb.jpg

post-420-017721600 1284069114_thumb.jpg

post-420-094235800 1284069132_thumb.jpg

WOW! Thats sure a lucky bit of happenstance!!! Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Musta been a real slow day at the tire shop.

Course, that was the highlite of the week.

two years later-'you 'member that time we had TWO mack trucks in here at the same time"

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

My question is, Did the tire shop guys actually notice that the two vintage Mack Trucks were there or did you have to draw it to their attention?

I'm in and out of there enough with my toys that they know the Rubber Duck truck well. The other Mack was there first and they were telling a few of the newer guys about my truck when I pulled in. The new guys said they were stunned at how beefy the trucks were and how simple they were then compared to all the junk on trucks now. Everyone agreed that there was very little chance that anything built today would be pulling into a tire shop in 35 years.

As I commented over on the ATHS forum (and got in a few digs at the KW/Pete cultists as well), I see two decade and more old Macks still working around here every day... Nothing unusual at all!

Well, the 700 Westerns are rare in St. Louis, but it's everyday here you see R's working, old MB front loader garbage trucks and old MC/MR's. GHG, I agree with your assessment AND I'm a fan of Pete's and KW's.