Unusual F-Model

A friend of mine up in jersey went to a land/heavy equipment auction,saw this and thought it would be of interest to me. He was'nt able too find out much about it other than the fact its a mack. I have seen some pretty heavy duty F-models,but never one like this( not in the states anyway) i have seen some export models like this,mostly oilwell drilling,heavy-haul operations overseas,....any ideas?.........Mark

post-5836-069727300 1283622086_thumb.jpg

post-5836-018923100 1283622114_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I don't know, but it sure is a neat looking truck!

I thought so too,i'm still trying to figure out what that tank behind the cab is for,hydralic oil? we had an old end-dump trailer on the farm when i was a kid,bout the same size as the body on this truck!.looks to be all wheel drive too,looks like a differential under the front bumper?....Mark

I thought so too,i'm still trying to figure out what that tank behind the cab is for,hydralic oil? we had an old end-dump trailer on the farm when i was a kid,bout the same size as the body on this truck!.looks to be all wheel drive too,looks like a differential under the front bumper?....Mark

Just a guess here, but maybe one of these.

FM-Series Years Production Run

FM711 1979-1979 5

FM712 1978-1980 140

FM767 1978-1979 130

FM785 1978-1979 17

FM786 1977-1981 355

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

Ah so you also found it! I have been asking about that truck as well, its an F800, not completely sure of the model number. Big lorry blog had an article on it. Those models were originally headed for Canada but a rare few were sold state side. The tank behind the cab is fuel, there is a square tank for hydraulic oil. That is the F model that I would want to buy. I have a picture of one working:

post-314-030517900 1283625424_thumb.jpg

There were also a bunch of similar models made for concrete mixers, GVW over 100K!:

post-314-057606700 1283625495_thumb.jpg

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Almost looks like it got a lot of DMM twin steer in it or the other way around. Sure like it Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

An F model on Steriods :thumb: I've always herd of a dual steer axle F Model but never seen one.

I Take this would be the C.O.E. Version of a DMM Model ? .

This is a RARE F Model here in the States & It would be a cool truck to Buy,Have & restore Also put in some shows (When i Did'nt have it hauling out of pit somewhere ;) )

Later Yall

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

An F model on Steriods :thumb: I've always herd of a dual steer axle F Model but never seen one.

I Take this would be the C.O.E. Version of a DMM Model ? .

This is a RARE F Model here in the States & It would be a cool truck to Buy,Have & restore Also put in some shows (When i Did'nt have it hauling out of pit somewhere ;) )

Later Yall

:mack1:

If you want pictures of twin steer F models look up Australian truck pictures and you will find PLENTY! An Australian member by the name of Swishy has a twin steer F with a roll back equipment bed.

The F800 and F900 models were beasts! There were a few F900's made with massive Planidrive axles, I have seen a 6x6. Those monsters all work out in the middle east still to this day doing real heavy haul work.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Certified concrete out of NYC had F900's with 15+ yd HI BOY concrete mixers with only 3 axles (non planatery) 12x24 tires,there are some pic's on this site. Colonial S&S also had 15 yarder's on Crane Carriers, A-cars & some old L-series Macks. Also wasn't there a concrete co in CT. years back called HI-HO DiDarrio with the twin steers on Mack dumpers & Mixers ? Ernie

Certified concrete out of NYC had F900's with 15+ yd HI BOY concrete mixers with only 3 axles (non planatery) 12x24 tires,there are some pic's on this site. Colonial S&S also had 15 yarder's on Crane Carriers, A-cars & some old L-series Macks. Also wasn't there a concrete co in CT. years back called HI-HO DiDarrio with the twin steers on Mack dumpers & Mixers ? Ernie

If I remember, DiDarrio and O&G both had DMM twin steers. Been 20 years since I been back to CT to really look around.

I know O&G had some dump and pup set ups with extendable hitch.

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Hey ernie,i sure remember those diadarrio trucks,they were up around milford i believe,kind of a gold /tan color?......Mark

Guest 45LMSWM

If I remember, DiDarrio and O&G both had DMM twin steers. Been 20 years since I been back to CT to really look around.

I know O&G had some dump and pup set ups with extendable hitch.

D'Addario Industries out of Bridgeport had DMMEX twin steer dumps. They had green cabs with yellow trim and "HI-HO" fabricated into the sides of the dump bodies. O & G had them as well as Genovese Concrete, who was eventually bought out by O & G. Both the D'Addario trucks and the Genovese mixers were in Mack ads back in that time.

-John

• 11 years later...