Watchya Think

keep in mind i am in a lot of places that a jump start cost $500 bucks

Carry jumper cables in the truck with you. If you need a jump, just hook up to the truck next to you. Don't let the driver catch you, though... :o

Seriously, though, I put new batteries in mine a couple months ago...and I went with the cheapest ones I could find...because even cheap new batteries will out-perform old dead ones. :tease:

I also carry jumper cables in the truck with me. :whistling:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Carry jumper cables in the truck with you. If you need a jump, just hook up to the truck next to you. Don't let the driver catch you, though... :o

Seriously, though, I put new batteries in mine a couple months ago...and I went with the cheapest ones I could find...because even cheap new batteries will out-perform old dead ones. :tease:

[/quote

sounds like a plan, off to the mack store, i need a bug screen anyway

u know some of the places im talking about, like between green river and salina utah.

"Mack" branded batteries are manufactured by East/Penn manufacturing if memory serves and they are a quality battery. Interstate batteries have lasted no better, or worse than East/Penn batteries and always cost more. I've quit using Interstate because of this.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

"Mack" branded batteries are manufactured by East/Penn manufacturing if memory serves and they are a quality battery. Interstate batteries have lasted no better, or worse than East/Penn batteries and always cost more. I've quit using Interstate because of this.

Rob

Correct. You can find info on the web site

Deka

An engineer from Deka came to Macungie for a information session on the products and talked about the advantages of Deka batteries. One thing I remember is they glue the plates to the bottom of the case which extends the life of the batteries. The plates don't bounce around in the case.

(I'm not a salesman)

Correct. You can find info on the web site

Deka

An engineer from Deka came to Macungie for a information session on the products and talked about the advantages of Deka batteries. One thing I remember is they glue the plates to the bottom of the case which extends the life of the batteries. The plates don't bounce around in the case.

(I'm not a salesman)

I use DEKA brand batteries almost exclusively in my gensets, many of which are mounted in aluminum shelters much resembling a semi trailer. They hold up well and everything vibrates in these enclosures.

I have batteries from locomotive style 8VDC, to conventional 12VDC cells in series. I only purchase the epoxy encapsulated plate type because of the vibration factor(s).

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I use the MACK branded batteries in mine, never had any problems with them, seem to hold up pretty good. I pull a trailer with a lifgate,so the tractor batteries charge the dedicated battery in the trailer,never had a problem........know what you mean about the jumpstart! can be pretty pricey out that way! luckily, never needed one !...........Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I use the MACK branded batteries in mine, never had any problems with them, seem to hold up pretty good. I pull a trailer with a lifgate,so the tractor batteries charge the dedicated battery in the trailer,never had a problem........know what you mean about the jumpstart! can be pretty pricey out that way! luckily, never needed one !...........Mark

i never shut mine off out there, but ya never know

keep in mind i am in a lot of places that a jump start cost $500 bucks

500 for a jump start!! from who the president? we jump start them down here from a car, just gotta run the car for a few minutes while it pushes the charge in. be a triple A member, they should do it, they may get scared till they realise you just sit there a few minutes longer with a nice solid set of jumper leads.

Grant

INTERSTATE=JUNK. Ive had nothing but problems with them. We've used Deka for a long while with no problems.

I've had good service from their "Workaholic" line of batteries in group 31 series. The standard ones do not fare any better than batteries marketed by Wal-Mart at 2/3rds the price.

Almost anything that is exposed to high electrical loads, rapid vibration, or shaking would benefit from East/Penn's "better" line of batteries. They are OEM supplied by Cat, Case, and many other construction equipment manufacturing companies. There must be a reason.

Rob

i bought the power breed from f and c in st.louis

it is very discuraging when something as simple as buying batteries (had the cores with me) can get screwed up enough that i wish i would have made the trip to paduka,ky. to get them......

i bought the power breed from f and c in st.louis

it is very discuraging when something as simple as buying batteries (had the cores with me) can get screwed up enough that i wish i would have made the trip to paduka,ky. to get them......

Got mine at Cape Tractor Trailer Supply....after driving all over town checking prices. Napa, Federated, TSC, Mack, etc...all more expensive for their own store brands.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

:lol: good answer right there! I got batteries from NAPA for my unit and they had a pretty good price on them too...but that was 5 or 6 years ago, they may have gone up by now. Everything else has.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.