America Lost Today

Double L

Well those damn bribery, extortionist, corrupt DemocRATs got the Socialized health care bill passed 60-39. On December 24, 2009 is a day....A day in which will live in infamy when our CONgress from within turns America into a Communist/Fascist/Totalitarian country. This is a very sad and ANGRY day!

Sorry guys I haven't been following your new Health care bill.. I guess cause we have health care up here in Canada and I just take it for granted that it will always be there and if I need any health care I just go to the hospital with out a second thought.

Why is your new Health care bill a bad thing?

GLENN

GRANDKIDS :Gods little gift to us for not killing our kids while they were growing up

All I want, is just to be luv'd and for my Check Engine light to go out on my Volvo.

It's going to increase of deficit and increased tax start immediately. People who don't buy insurance or can't afford it will be fined and face jail time. It'll hurt small business along with causing doctors their careers. Ration health care and we're double dipping meaning we are paying to fund medicare but also spending that same money on other stuff. Also the quality and quantity of health care will go down! Besides that it won't kick in until 2014 which is 2 years after Obama is out of office, coincidence?

What's even worse is well over 60% of the American people are against and they still voted for it and a couple states Nebraska and Vermont got a sweetheart deal to where they won't have to pay any funding while the other 48 states pick up the tab. Harry Reid pretty much bought their votes and those of Democrats who were against it. This health care bill is UNCONSTITUTIONAL and 10 state Attorney Generals are looking into it.

It would have made much more sense to allow people to be able to buy insurance across state lines. Harry Reid is making it seem like health insurance is a right not a privilege when it's not even a right. Our founding fathers didn't make health insurance a right for a reason. Besides they had worse medical care than we have now. If this is passed if you need a hip replacement and your over oh let's say 60 they won't allow you to have one and will make you suffer until you die because your considered a burden. Sound familiar? Go back in history....Nazi Germany and Adolf Hitler, sound familiar doesn't it?

You mean to tell me you don't notice that up there with Canadians socialized health care? I thought most Canadians came down here to get health care?

If an American is to amount to anything he must rely upon himself, and not upon the State; he must take pride in his own work, instead of sitting idle to envy the luck of others. He must face life with resolute courage, win victory if he can, and accept defeat if he must, without seeking to place on his fellow man a responsibility which is not theirs. - Theodore Roosevelt

Sorry guys I haven't been following your new Health care bill.. I guess cause we have health care up here in Canada and I just take it for granted that it will always be there and if I need any health care I just go to the hospital with out a second thought.

Americans can do the same. NOBODY is denied medical care, whether they have insurance or not. The ONLY difference is that if you HAVE insurance, the insurance company gets the bill. If you DON'T have insurance, the bill gets sent to you.

The problem with this health care bill is that it does NOTHING to fix the few problems that exist, and does quite a bit to exacerbate the existing problems as well as creating new ones.

For example, this health care reform is SUPPOSED to LOWER premium prices...

What do you suppose your auto insurance premium would look like if it were required by law to provide coverage for fuel, oil changes, tires, brakes, and maybe even an occasional wash? Chances are, it would be through the roof...yet that is what they want to force health policies to do by mandating coverage for "preventive" care or "maintenance" care.

What do you suppose your chances would be in buying a homeowners policy to cover fire damage while the fire department is on scene at your home extinguishing a raging inferno? What buying an auto policy today to cover the damage to your car after you wrapped it around a tree driving home drunk from the company Christmas party last night? You'd be locked up in EITHER case for insurance fraud...and yet the current "reforms" are FORCING insurance companies to cover these "pre-existing" conditions.

In both of those changes, insurance companies are being forced to change from a business model where they manage risk, to a business model where they manage payments. It USED to be that you would buy insurance to protect your assets in the event of a catastrophic loss...it was NEVER meant to pay for the day-to-day ordinary and expected costs.

Another MAJOR problem with the "reform" is that it strips away my inalienable Rights to Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness. I no longer am able to CHOOSE where to spend my money...I am FORCED to spend a certain sizable chunk of my earnings to buy health insurance. That leaves me with less to use in the pursuit of my own individual happiness. Even if you HAVE health insurance (which I do), if it is not deemed to be ENOUGH coverage (based upon a percentage of your earnings), you will STILL be penalized on your income taxes the same as an uninsured person. Nevermind the fact that I, as a FREE MAN, made the informed decision when I bought my policy as to what it covers and the extent of those coverages. I made the CHOICE that the policy that I bought was BEST FOR ME in my own individual situation. The Government does NOT have the Constitutional power to take that choice from me.

We are all endowed by our Creator with certain inalienable Rights....LIFE, LIBERTY, and the PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS. The QUALITY of that life is NOT guaranteed...only that you get the chance to live out the full length of your natural life (unless you commit a crime so heinous that, upon receiving your due process rights, you are convicted in a court of law by a jury of your peers and are sentenced to death). Liberty to do as you please should ONLY be limited when it begins to infringe upon the rights of others...for example, my freedom to wildly swing my fists ends at the tip of your nose. The PURSUIT of Happiness is an absolute Right...but ONLY the pursuit. You have NO "right" to BE happy. For that, you have to get off your butt and seek your own happiness. If having health insurance will make you happy, you have to either budget enough to BUY your own policy, or acquire the job skills necessary to get a job with insurance as a benefit of employment. If having a big house and fancy car will make you happier than having health insurance, then it is your RIGHT as a FREE PERSON to spend your own money in whatever manner you see fit to secure that happiness for yourself.

They could have very EASILY fixed the known problems with the system WITHOUT SPENDING A DIME OF TAXPAYER MONEY! Simply do away with the "in state" requirement, which would allow ANY American to purchase a policy from ANY insurance company from ANY state. Tort reform, essentially limiting punitive damages to a percentage of the actual damage amount would reduce doctors' cost of doing business, and prices would come down. Giving the same tax breaks to individuals as are given to businesses...i.e. using non-taxed dollars to pay premiums...would make insurance more affordable, too. Either that or do away with the tax breaks for employers, taxing the insurance premiums as income to the employees since it IS a part of the pay package. I would prefer the tax cuts, but either way levels the playing field for self-employed individuals.

But you won't see the democrats proposing anything that would actually WORK... :angry:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Americans can do the same. NOBODY is denied medical care, whether they have insurance or not. The ONLY difference is that if you HAVE insurance, the insurance company gets the bill. If you DON'T have insurance, the bill gets sent to you.

The problem with this health care bill is that it does NOTHING to fix the few problems that exist, and does quite a bit to exacerbate the existing problems as well as creating new ones.

For example, this health care reform is SUPPOSED to LOWER premium prices...

What do you suppose your auto insurance premium would look like if it were required by law to provide coverage for fuel, oil changes, tires, brakes, and maybe even an occasional wash? Chances are, it would be through the roof...yet that is what they want to force health policies to do by mandating coverage for "preventive" care or "maintenance" care.

What do you suppose your chances would be in buying a homeowners policy to cover fire damage while the fire department is on scene at your home extinguishing a raging inferno? What buying an auto policy today to cover the damage to your car after you wrapped it around a tree driving home drunk from the company Christmas party last night? You'd be locked up in EITHER case for insurance fraud...and yet the current "reforms" are FORCING insurance companies to cover these "pre-existing" conditions.

In both of those changes, insurance companies are being forced to change from a business model where they manage risk, to a business model where they manage payments. It USED to be that you would buy insurance to protect your assets in the event of a catastrophic loss...it was NEVER meant to pay for the day-to-day ordinary and expected costs.

Another MAJOR problem with the "reform" is that it strips away my inalienable Rights to Liberty and Pursuit of Happiness. I no longer am able to CHOOSE where to spend my money...I am FORCED to spend a certain sizable chunk of my earnings to buy health insurance. That leaves me with less to use in the pursuit of my own individual happiness. Even if you HAVE health insurance (which I do), if it is not deemed to be ENOUGH coverage (based upon a percentage of your earnings), you will STILL be penalized on your income taxes the same as an uninsured person. Nevermind the fact that I, as a FREE MAN, made the informed decision when I bought my policy as to what it covers and the extent of those coverages. I made the CHOICE that the policy that I bought was BEST FOR ME in my own individual situation. The Government does NOT have the Constitutional power to take that choice from me.

We are all endowed by our Creator with certain inalienable Rights....LIFE, LIBERTY, and the PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS. The QUALITY of that life is NOT guaranteed...only that you get the chance to live out the full length of your natural life (unless you commit a crime so heinous that, upon receiving your due process rights, you are convicted in a court of law by a jury of your peers and are sentenced to death). Liberty to do as you please should ONLY be limited when it begins to infringe upon the rights of others...for example, my freedom to wildly swing my fists ends at the tip of your nose. The PURSUIT of Happiness is an absolute Right...but ONLY the pursuit. You have NO "right" to BE happy. For that, you have to get off your butt and seek your own happiness. If having health insurance will make you happy, you have to either budget enough to BUY your own policy, or acquire the job skills necessary to get a job with insurance as a benefit of employment. If having a big house and fancy car will make you happier than having health insurance, then it is your RIGHT as a FREE PERSON to spend your own money in whatever manner you see fit to secure that happiness for yourself.

They could have very EASILY fixed the known problems with the system WITHOUT SPENDING A DIME OF TAXPAYER MONEY! Simply do away with the "in state" requirement, which would allow ANY American to purchase a policy from ANY insurance company from ANY state. Tort reform, essentially limiting punitive damages to a percentage of the actual damage amount would reduce doctors' cost of doing business, and prices would come down. Giving the same tax breaks to individuals as are given to businesses...i.e. using non-taxed dollars to pay premiums...would make insurance more affordable, too. Either that or do away with the tax breaks for employers, taxing the insurance premiums as income to the employees since it IS a part of the pay package. I would prefer the tax cuts, but either way levels the playing field for self-employed individuals.

But you won't see the democrats proposing anything that would actually WORK... :angry:

This country will continue to struggle until we have strict term limits of a maximum of 2 terms. Our government was not designed by the founding fathers to be an occupation or a career for self righteous members of the so called elite who never pay the taxes, never bear the burdens and never have to bury their children killed in wars started for someone's bullsh*t political aggendas.

Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid and Barack Obama are committing treason with the way they are trying to govern this nation! They should be hanged together a sunrise like common criminals.

Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid and Barack Obama are committing treason with the way they are trying to govern this nation! They should be hanged together a sunrise like common criminals.

At this time of year crucifiction is more befitting of their crime(s). This was punishment as the Romans punished their criminals/traitors/thieves of crimes against the state.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

The ONLY thing i have to say about this WITHOUT going into a Half page story is #1 My wife is in Kidney failure and on the transplant list, This has been a on-gone thing for about 4 yrs, I have had insurance Thu the union for 25 yrs plus a other 2nd one for 10 yrs now, does anyone know the cost of Dialysis's 3 x a week, plus the Dr's and Meds, I do, So far it is over 800 Thousand,How in gods name can that be legal, There is people who has signed off before they have gave everything they have worked for go to some Dot head Dr, After the transplant ( if it ever happens ) the anti rejecting drugs that she has to take for life will take everything that we have left, But you Know What, That's the system now so suck it up and let the Medical Profession Have it all, because thats what we have NOW, ANYBODY who thinks we have the Best now should be on long term health care Now, The underhanded deals to get votes is wrong and whoever is involved should be thrown out of Washington, and i will sign my name for the world to SEE TERRY BROCK, ZANESVILLE OHIO

Well those damn bribery, extortionist, corrupt DemocRATs got the Socialized health care bill passed 60-39. On December 24, 2009 is a day....A day in which will live in infamy when our CONgress from within turns America into a Communist/Fascist/Totalitarian country. This is a very sad and ANGRY day!

I wouldn't just point the finger that the Dems, the Republicans are JUST as bad. They are all ego maniacs that desire power and to push agendas.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

I wouldn't just point the finger that the Dems, the Republicans are JUST as bad. They are all ego maniacs that desire power and to push agendas.

Lets not forget the other "benifits"........Since my 63 Corvan has no airbags,crumple zone or anti collision devices and I could get seriously injured.... it is bad for my health so lets make ie illegal. My Ruger could hurt someone...bad for their health so lets make it illegal too. Micky D's...no good, Caffine...nope get rid of that too. Everything deemed " bad for your health " can now be eliminated with the battle cry of health care. Truely a sad sad day. Paul T Cheshire

Edited by 41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Lets not forget the other "benifits"........Since my 63 Corvan has no airbags,crumple zone or anti collision devices and I could get seriously injured.... it is bad for my health so lets make ie illegal. My Ruger could hurt someone...bad for their health so lets make it illegal too. Micky D's...no good, Caffine...nope get rid of that too. Everything deemed " bad for your health " can now be eliminated with the battle cry of health care. Truely a sad sad day. Paul T Cheshire

excellent point

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Let's not forget that every elected person works for us - the one's who elected them.

And - we still have the right to un-elect them. Maybe now we've finally had enough, and will do something instead of just complaining.

I've asked this before, but I'll do it again for effect -

When was the last time you communicated with your elected officials? Any of them, not just Senators or Congressmen? Have you ever done it?

In an age of e-mail, cell phones and faxes, it has never been easier to send your representatives a nice little note telling them of the wonderful job they are doing!

Sort of like a business owner with a bunch of worthless employees - it's time to show them the door.

From now on think of this Merry Christmas gift from your Congress - and get pissed off enough to do something!!

Paul Van Scott

This is truely a sad day for any one who loves freedom. If the rotten bastards can do this none of our freedom is safe. I am so disgusted that I can't hardly think about it.The achiever in this country gets screwed again and the freeloader gets favors.All I can say is vote the bastards out. Jake

I have been e-mailing my Senators and Congressman for the past three months. What really infuriates me, are the computer generated propaganda that comes back. How they are thinking of us working men and women of American and how they are going to make it so much better for the us. God! I just puked again, just thinking of their shit.

If you add more then one thought in your letter they only address the first and throw out the rest. God! I just puked again.

If you try to go through the list of disscussion topics it will take at least a week or two just to sort out the topics. God! just puked again.

When you do write don't argue with them. Just tell them to vote No on your favorit topic; Health Care, Cap & Trade, Taxes, Failure to represent.

I have told mine several times that; not only will I not vote for them but, I will do my best to keep my friends and family from voting for them.

So Please, Please when it is time to vote......vote for any person that has not held office. "You vote for Oboma-care, We'll Vote you outta there!" "We The People........."

Merry Christmas to all and to All a Happy and Hopeful New year.

Edited by blueknight0517@yahoo.com

Rustednut

I have been e-mailing my Senators and Congressman for the past three months. What really infuriates me, are the computer generated propaganda that comes back. How they are thinking of us working men and women of American and how they are going to make it so much better for the us. God! I just puked again, just thinking of their shit.

If you add more then one thought in your letter they only address the first and throw out the rest. God! I just puked again.

If you try to go through the list of disscussion topics it will take at least a week or two just to sort out the topics. God! just puked again.

When you do write don't argue with them. Just tell them to vote No on your favorit topic; Health Care, Cap & Trade, Taxes, Failure to represent.

I have told mine several times that; not only will I not vote for them but, I will do my best to keep my friends and family from voting for them.

So Please, Please when it is time to vote......vote for any person that has not held office. "You vote for Oboma-care, We'll Vote you outta there!" "We The People........."

Merry Christmas to all and to All a Happy and Hopeful New year.

email isn't the best method, you are better off typing up a letter and sending it off.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

The news was on a minute ago and they had a list of people called "wingnuts of the year". Alan Keyes was on it because he said Obama was a Nazi and a communist-the people of Illinois knew it, and now the rest of America would know it. I've heard him speak before and he's a man I would vote for. He also said if something doesn't change the U.S. as we know it will cease to exist-sounds familiar, doesn't it?

Rush Limbaugh was also on the list for comparing Obama to Hitler.

It was on CNN of course. That's why I like Fox News. :angry:

Fox is the only one that is fair and balanced. Katie Couric said that we are an angry nation, you damn right we are! The lamestream liberal media is pulling this because that is what they do and also they are trying to get ratings because American's finally woke up and found out that the lamestream liberal media is on Obama's pocket. Why do you think they wanted to ban Fox News?

Fox is the only one that is fair and balanced. Katie Couric said that we are an angry nation, you damn right we are! The lamestream liberal media is pulling this because that is what they do and also they are trying to get ratings because American's finally woke up and found out that the lamestream liberal media is on Obama's pocket. Why do you think they wanted to ban Fox News?

The morons on the show were laughing and joking about what Alan Keyes said-I told Jo "that man knows what he's talking about".