Rude And Accidential Reply From Volvo

ThaddeusW

This is a good one. I was browsing the Volvo Website the other day just checking the specs of the VH and comparing them to the Granite for fun. While I was browsing I found a broken link and as I normally do, I report it to the web master. But along with the report of the broken link I wanted to express my opinion about their use of epaperflip.com. Now in case you are wondering, epaperflip.com is a service that hosts your PDF files and then displays them in an annoying and slow flash based PDF reader. The reader bought my decent specked computer to its knees while viewing the silly thing and thought it would be a good idea to express my opinion. As usual, I received an automated reply as that is all you are supposed to receive and that's that. Well today I see an email from Volvo but this time it was from an actual Volvo.com IT employee. But it was not a thank you or anything else, it was accidentally sent me by a Volvo.com employee who reads the web master mail. He was re-sending it to another IT employee but sent it to me by accident.

This is my original message:

Message: Hello, While browsing your site I stumbled upon what might be an improper link. On the VHD 430 page there is a link to the brochure which opens up the Volvo truck interior brochure instead of the VHD 430 brochure. Also please refrain from using gimmicks like epaperflip.com. Flash is an incredibly inefficient piece of software and even on my dual core Athlon 6000+ system epaperflip caused the mouse cursor to lag and stop responding as the flash reader rendered the page. epaperflip is unnecessary and only adds to the cost of running your site. Most truckers I know do not have very up-to-date PC's and flash performance suffers on those systems. If you believe epaperflip.com is an acceptable method of content delivery then that is your decision, but please also allow customers or prospective customers to download the industry standard PDF which has served us well for over a decade.

So does anyone think it sounds too harsh or impolite? I think it was pretty neutral in conveying my displeasure with their using epaperflip.com.

This was his message to the other IT guy:

Shuman Sharon <sharon.shuman@volvo.com> to tswoskowiak@gmail.com8:55am

Rich, please check out the link he mentions. Ignore the rest of his crappy email. I mean, really, does he think I/we care what he thinks?

Sharon Shuman

Manager, Web Communications

Mack Trucks, Inc./Volvo Trucks North America

Greensboro, NC 27407

Telephone: 336 393 2354

E-mail: sharon.shuman@volvo.com

Notice how the "care" in his last sentence is bold. This goes to show you the level of professionalism in their IT department, Idiot cannot even properly send an email. I am going to try and see if I can find an email for his boss and send a nicely written email detailing how I am a "Volvo customer" just expressing my opinion and am deeply offended by his remarks and the disregard and disrespect of customer input . Maybe cause the little wanker some grief. Anyone have any ideas or input?

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

This is a good one. I was browsing the Volvo Website the other day just checking the specs of the VH and comparing them to the Granite for fun. While I was browsing I found a broken link and as I normally do, I report it to the web master. But along with the report of the broken link I wanted to express my opinion about their use of epaperflip.com. Now in case you are wondering, epaperflip.com is a service that hosts your PDF files and then displays them in an annoying and slow flash based PDF reader. The reader bought my decent specked computer to its knees while viewing the silly thing and thought it would be a good idea to express my opinion. As usual, I received an automated reply as that is all you are supposed to receive and that's that. Well today I see an email from Volvo but this time it was from an actual Volvo.com IT employee. But it was not a thank you or anything else, it was accidentally sent me by a Volvo.com employee who reads the web master mail. He was re-sending it to another IT employee but sent it to me by accident.

This is my original message:

So does anyone think it sounds too harsh or impolite? I think it was pretty neutral in conveying my displeasure with their using epaperflip.com.

This was his message to the other IT guy:

Notice how the "care" in his last sentence is bold. This goes to show you the level of professionalism in their IT department, Idiot cannot even properly send an email. I am going to try and see if I can find an email for his boss and send a nicely written email detailing how I am a "Volvo customer" just expressing my opinion and am deeply offended by his remarks and the disregard and disrespect of customer input . Maybe cause the little wanker some grief. Anyone have any ideas or input?

Print a copy of the email, highlight the smart ass comments, and send it along with a tube of K-Y jelly, registered mail, to Volvo marketing. It's up to you , how graphically you explain where they can stick Volvo, and why you or anyone you know would never be associated in any way with them or their products.

Print a copy of the email, highlight the smart ass comments, and send it along with a tube of K-Y jelly, registered mail, to Volvo marketing. It's up to you , how graphically you explain where they can stick Volvo, and why you or anyone you know would never be associated in any way with them or their products.

I sent off an email to a customer relations person. I will see what comes of this. Anyone that thinks epaperflip.com is appropriate software is a damn moron. Poor web design and using clumsy gimmicks is my pet peeve when it comes to web browsing.

-Thad

:mack1: hello guys this is absurd its a shame how the talk about customers i think you must send this to dennis slagle or kevin flagherty and if i look on other bussines cards from mack they only put a . between first and second name and than @macktrucks.com and every whan send it to sharon shuman very unprofessional or to the ceo from volvo north america or to headquarters in sweden and see what happens try your luck greetings rene

MACK FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!

I have forwarded this to my E9 folks at Hagerstown. Just to let you know that the Mack folks have been really helpful regarding my E9 project so let's see what comes of this. I can tell you that most of the people I have talked to are definitely Mack people. Later.

John

Maybe I shouldn't have, but.... I sent her an email:

Sharon,

That email that you sent to Rich was so nice. You know the one, if not, I will refresh your memory:

Shuman Sharon <sharon.shuman@volvo.com> to tswoskowiak@gmail.com8:55am

Rich, please check out the link he mentions. Ignore the rest of his crappy email. I mean, really, does he think I/we care what he thinks?

I hope like hell you lose your job over this, or at least get demoted. Oh, not that you would, but you don't need to reply for in your own infamous words "does (s)he think I/we care what (s)he thinks?"

Terry Tombaugh, avid Mack fan until Volvo purchased them and began hiring people like you.

Ok here is my take on the situation. What she did was in fact wrong, PERIOD. But at the same time is it fair she loose her job over something that when compared to the grand scheme of things seems trivial?

I do not wish to see this woman fired. She could be a mother feeding her kids or a single woman making a living for herself. Maybe she is a spoiled moron at the top of her IT food chain and thinks she can say whatever she wants. Either way I wish that she is reprimanded and learns her lesson, its tough to find an IT job nowadays.

All in all I hope she learns that you cant be a condescending jerk about things and always get away with it.

-Thad

Ok here is my take on the situation. What she did was in fact wrong, PERIOD. But at the same time is it fair she loose her job over something that when compared to the grand scheme of things seems trivial?

I do not wish to see this woman fired. She could be a mother feeding her kids or a single woman making a living for herself. Maybe she is a spoiled moron at the top of her IT food chain and thinks she can say whatever she wants. Either way I wish that she is reprimanded and learns her lesson, its tough to find an IT job nowadays.

All in all I hope she learns that you cant be a condescending jerk about things and always get away with it.

Thad,

Yes she could be a mother etc. etc. but mothers have Obama's support and if she cared about her job or any job she would not treat people or the job with that no care attitude. Yes many people that have jobs have to be reminded of how important it is to care enough to learn and keep it. I have to watch what I say where I work or out the door I go. Its all about the attitude in life anyway so she needs to be taken down the button hole. We have to occasionaly be reminded of better customer relations. This country could use a good dose of smart a#$ pills it may help to save it from it's own destruction someday.

Heaven Help Us!

mike

Thad, her Job is dealing with people. If she does not care about the people she deals with, and the things that concern them, she does not care about her job. From her own mouth, she does not care if you have a job to go to, or what you think about something that might possibly promote the business that employ's her. I don't think that you have anything to be concerned about as far as repercussions directed at her. Her attitude reflects the attitude of the people she works with and for. They do not care and won't care what you think, as long as you support them by buying their products.

Mrs. Shuman sent me a reply on the 12th of August. I did not mention it because I did not want this to go any further. She was sincere and honest, and that is what I wanted to see, taking responsibility for ones actions. But I am afraid I might have stirred up a bit of a problem for her, I just hope this blows over for her and she learns a valuable lesson. From what I hear she has worked for Mack for over three decades (close to four) and was sucked into Volvo after the takover.

I hear you guys, sometimes you have to learn the hard way. But at this point I am glad my voice was heard and I wish Mrs. Shuman no further harm. I hope I have not given Volvo higher ups a reason to axe a senior employee over a silly email. Mack employees have suffered enough this past decade since the takover and even before that in the 90's. She made it through and I would hate to be the reason she looses her job, I did not want it to be taken that far.

-Thad

Thad,

Yes she could be a mother etc. etc. but mothers have Obama's support and if she cared about her job or any job she would not treat people or the job with that no care attitude. Yes many people that have jobs have to be reminded of how important it is to care enough to learn and keep it. I have to watch what I say where I work or out the door I go. Its all about the attitude in life anyway so she needs to be taken down the button hole. We have to occasionaly be reminded of better customer relations. This country could use a good dose of smart a#$ pills it may help to save it from it's own destruction someday.

Heaven Help Us!

mike

This is true Mike.

I know the feeling. I have to be nice to customers even when they treat me like an a-hole because I drive a truck, and it can be tough to do.

Regardless of how they treat me, if i'm not nice to them they might call and complain, we might lose a haul, I might be looking for a new job.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I'm sure she'll be MUCH more careful when it comes to "replying" to an email. I hate those "reply all" buttons!!!! I go out of my way to make sure to see who it's going to before I hit send.

I have a friend who's wife took a a boob shot and send it to him at work(on his phone)...........BUT she sent it to "ALL" on her phone favorites. DOH!!!!! Lucky she's a good sport and took all the ribb'n in stride. She's not what you call a shy person anyway LOL!!!

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Here's a scenario; "Hey Sharon if you want to keep your job with Mack you have to transfer from PA to the new world headquarters". So now she is unhappy everyday and probably tired of hearing complaints knowing that volvo doesn't care. She may have been a proud Mack employee and is now a shell of her former self. When the highest level management only answers to shareholders, the attitude reflects to the employees directly around them. This is only my impression based on my expierience seeing friends go through this.

#1 on A-model registry

If I drink because of work, why can't I drink at work?