1944 Mack Firetruck - only $280,000 if you buy it now!

Olivetroad

Wow. It is an interesting restoration job, even more interesting is the V10 viper engine.

One thing that any restorer must realize is even thought you might have put X amount of dollars into a restoration both in terms of parts and labor does not mean your vehicle is worth that. And for trucks its even worse, how many people collect antique trucks vs. antique cars? Have you ever seen a truck at one of those auto auction shows (Mecum) on the Speed channel? I haven't.

Bottom line is you better be prepared to empty your wallet numerous times and realize you might never get that money back ever again. Its a labor of love, not profit.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Sometimes when people think out of the box on a resto it sounds funny until you see the final product and then you're wowed :clap: I am. Price seems really steep but I would definitely go cruise the town in that ole Mack and turn heads at every corner.

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

As an antique firetruck afficianado, I almost cried when I clicked on that eBay link. I personally would like to find the guy and beat the living shit out of him,.

ya,,,im with you,,,what an idiot,,,after he butchers the piss,outa a perfectly good ole truck,,,now he,s got the balls to be asking rolls royce prices.lol.just my oppinion,,,if he was planning on selling it,,,shouldnt have just restored it stock,,,he would probably have better luck unloading it,,,and woulda been allott cheaper.bob

I usually get torqued off when someone cuts a fire truck, but in this case I think he did very well. Sort of keeps the fire truck, but makes it a unique rod. I'd rather have someone do this than let the truck sit out in a field and rust away the way some "collectors" do. Besides, an E model if far from rare.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

I usually get torqued off when someone cuts a fire truck, but in this case I think he did very well. Sort of keeps the fire truck, but makes it a unique rod. I'd rather have someone do this than let the truck sit out in a field and rust away the way some "collectors" do. Besides, an E model if far from rare.

Yeah I sort of agree with this.....I guess its better than rusting away, but the guy has to understand that the "average" firetruck collector will not even be able to begin to think about touching that thing for that price- he may as well call Jay Leno to see if he is interested.

Anyone ever see the 1926 International Quad Firetruck that someone butchered into a "Monster Truck?" I'd like to kick that guy in the balls, too.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

I fully agree with not ruining a antique for the sake of that. I am in line to go out & kick his nut sack into the next state. If he really had to "Do" a fire truck, why not something other than a Mack...

Sorry i am, have been & always will be a purist. keep it stock, big hot-wheel toy wheels are stupid, 8" diameter floppy top pipes are worse. it is this kind of thinking that has trashed the ATHS with there artsy fartsy interpretation of what was a great organization. And they publish that lovely annual show book with more & more "special interest" vehicles.....WTF is so special about a brand new Peterbilt & a golf cart......

OK sorry, rant off.

Ap40rocktruck

Richard Mark

Owner / Master Model Maker

Industrial Model Design
Ap40rocktruck

I know there are a lot of you guys out there that like a vehicle to look just like it did the day it came off of the dealer's lot and I can appreciate that. I am surprised at how much many of you hate anything but plain jane bone stock when it comes to these trucks. I dont normally care for huge wheels and teeny tiny tires, or weird cross brand drive train swaps but in this case I think it really came together well. Its just my opinion but everybody doesnt want the identical plane jane looking rig. Dont get me wrong, some of those plain janes are some of the most beautiful trucks ever but they just might not fit someone elses taste. Besides, the more people we can keep encouraged to keep making their own "masterpieces" the more (and longer) this hobby will have support from parts to politicians keeping the antiques legal to drive. Just my opinion on the matter.

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

$280,000 and the pump isn't even hooked up?!?

Still, an impressive build.

Its not my style, but, I do think its well built. Regardless of whether something like that should have gotten cut-up for a toy, it was his sheet-metal, it was his decision.

Troy.

IMAGES COPYRIGHT TROY MILLER/ 10-4 MAGAZINE

10-4 Magazine - For Today's Trucker!

creek2smallcroppedsigna.jpg

Photography is a Beautiful Thing...

Contributor - 10-4 Magazine

I'm Not Fearless, I'm Just Stupid.

I can't stand the looks of it, but I don't want anyone telling me what to do either!

In the end thats all that matters. Screw what anyone else thinks, its your truck and your money. If you bought a perfect LTL Mack and then set it on fire and then crushed it up, its your right to do so. Even if everyone on this site wants to flay you alive.

• Like 1

-Thad

Yeah I sort of agree with this.....I guess its better than rusting away, but the guy has to understand that the "average" firetruck collector will not even be able to begin to think about touching that thing for that price- he may as well call Jay Leno to see if he is interested.

Anyone ever see the 1926 International Quad Firetruck that someone butchered into a "Monster Truck?" I'd like to kick that guy in the balls, too.

That is what I don't understand, who is his target buyer? Obviously a very wealthy person who will buy it to tool around in and then sell it again.

500 miles since the build was finished is nothing, its about two weeks daily driving for me. He does not give a reason as to why he is selling it but its almost as if he won some awards to build up value and is now trying to make a profit from it. Wrong approach if you ask me. I guarantee he will have that truck for quite a long time until he gives in and sells it or auctions it off for what a real human being is willing to pay.

Tell you what, I guarantee once my Mack is on the road it will have 500 miles on the clock before it ever makes it to a show.

-Thad

It'll turn up at Jackson-Barrett or someplace similar. I bet we'll be shocked at how much it goes for. God bless the very rich who have to have all the toys!

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Go ahead and bid on it Monsieur Hancock, a bunch of us on here got together and decided if you bought it, we would all together chip in $150,000.00 towards the price. Is that enough help to fit in your budget?

The check is will be in the mail -

NOT!!!

Boy, that is harsh.....so the check isn't in the mail? Damn!

Alas, NO - I was just funnin you!

I always wonder if there are folks out in ebay land that just go ahead and bid on high priced stuff like that just to do it?

I had a strange guy that would bid on almost every single item I posted on ebay. Which, don't get me wrong, I appreciated it, but it was strange because I could tell he was just doing it knowing he would not end up buying it. So just for fun one time I started an auction for some truck tires with a starting bid of $400.00 and a buy it now of $1500.00. The reserve was only $401.00 so when he bid $450.00 thinking he was safe and a long way off the reserve price, he got a suprise! That was the end of his fooling around with my goodies!