Macungie Truck Show

rw613

When i went on the tour of the Mack factory, there was a chassic with just the frame rails and axles in it. The truck was tripple frame with 65k rears, a heavy front axle and all spokes, that was a very rare sighting.

I missed the BMT photo op as well as i was at the mack factory, i think my shoes are dry, my wallet is still a little wet. There was a cabover Mack with a tru-hitch wheel lift on it that pulled out a stuck GMC flatbed over by the truck loading area, that was an interesting sight to see.

I got some good pictures, with no sun glare. Still a good turnout despite the weather.

Ha I was thinking that anyone with an all wheel drive vehicle or wrecker would be busy helping out the other trucks which were stuck. I saw that crazy Walter truck with the huge tires and jet engine on the back yank a Pete that was stuck along with its trailer loaded with two trucks. That Walter didn't break traction the whole time while the Pete's wheels were spinning. That definitely backs up their motto of "100% traction". I wish I knew more about that rig

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha I was thinking that anyone with an all wheel drive vehicle or wrecker would be busy helping out the other trucks which were stuck. I saw that crazy Walter truck with the huge tires and jet engine on the back yank a Pete that was stuck along with its trailer loaded with two trucks. That Walter didn't break traction the whole time while the Pete's wheels were spinning. That definitely backs up their motto of "100% traction". I wish I knew more about that rig

:P Been there, done that!

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

I'd had enough of wandering around in the rain by 10:00 AM.

Should have stayed for the BMT picture, though.

Nice show, especially Friday! And a lot of late arrivals on Saturday morning.

Thanks for the pictures Morgan.

Paul Van Scott

PAUL, WISH WE COULD HAVE MET UP AT THE WATTS TENT; WOULD HAVE LIKE TO SAY HELLO IN PERSON. I GUESS WE ALL SHOULD HAVE WORN SOMETHING SPECIAL IF WE WANTED TO FIND EACH OTHER. NEXT YEAR!!

RUSTYDOG

This was my third or fourth time. This year they did it backwards, you usually started at the back at the loading docks, and followed the bare frames all the way to the end, and ending up at the gift shop.

The year of Mack's 100th, they really pulled out the stops- they had a festival for employees families AND people from the show. They had catered food, all kinds of activities for the kids, and of course, all kinds of Mack Trucks.

I do have to say that this year I was very dissapointed in the Gift Shop Staff.....I know that they were overwhelmed, but it just seemed like they didnt know what they were doing- they had to enter numbers into the computers manually, and the lines didn't move at all. I finally gave up after 15 minutes and put my stuff back on the shelf because I wanted to get back to the park.

THAD, THAT TITAN WAS SOOOO GREAT!!!! WISH THEY WOULD ADD A TEST DRIVE TRACK TO THE SHOW; THAT WOULD REALLY BE SOME ICING!!

OH YEH, I'M THE DOG ALL THE WAY TO LEFT IN THE PICTURE.....AKA "LARRY"..

THAD, THAT TITAN WAS SOOOO GREAT!!!! WISH THEY WOULD ADD A TEST DRIVE TRACK TO THE SHOW; THAT WOULD REALLY BE SOME ICING!!

OH YEH, I'M THE DOG ALL THE WAY TO LEFT IN THE PICTURE.....AKA "LARRY"..

oops, sorry rustydog, I made a typo-meant to say rustydog.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

When i went on the tour of the Mack factory, there was a chassic with just the frame rails and axles in it. The truck was tripple frame with 65k rears, a heavy front axle and all spokes, that was a very rare sighting.

By the way, I spotted a Titan outside the plant with all spokes. That was an interesting looking truck, I'll have to post the pic when I get home.

I think I also have a pic of the chassis you are referring to.

i guess we werent the only ones dissappointed with the gift shop staff. Everyone i was in line with was bitching and complaining and i stood in line for around 10 minutes only to have the girl walk away and help the other 'idiot' running the other register. Oh well, did get to see the nice orange graninte all wheel drive and the rasbery red titan which was sweet right down to the dog paw floormat. was a little dissapointed with the short tour and look forward to giving the boy scouts a few bucks for a quick snack at the end which wasnt there this year.

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

The Mack presence was a little thin at the show, wasn't it! I don't know if they even brought a truck up. I didn't make it out of the booth this year...no pics either!

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

but how about you, can you make it?

I met several persons from the BMT community at the show outside of Tulsa that also thought I'd been bullshittin all these years.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I met several persons from the BMT community at the show outside of Tulsa that also thought I'd been bullshittin all these years.

Rob

Your level of BS is a direct relationship to the topic! :lol:

#1 on A-model registry

If I drink because of work, why can't I drink at work?

Hi guys,

In my opinion, this was one of the best self-guided tours I've been to (granted it was only my 3rd one). I really liked how they had those 5 trucks parked in the plant for people to look at.

I think these two trucks were ones Mack brought over to the show.

100_5195.jpg?t=1245712682

100_5196.jpg?t=1245712682

Your level of BS is a direct relationship to the topic! :lol:

Aww man, in a moment of weakness in my motel room I'm gettin picked on again without Mommas' shoulder to sulk upon.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

A group of 4 brought my 1929 Mack BB fire truck 700 miles from Louisville, KY. I picked up my information from the Mack Musuem, went to the show, unloaded, got spotted by Doug Maney himself,

enjoyed a hot and humid Friday but under the trees by the information booth. Saturday was a different story, got there early, sat in the rain with the truck till 11:00 am, loaded in the rain, left and went back home (700 miles). Had a good time, learned a lot, and will go back again.