No Wonder A Pete Lasts So Long:

Rob

They should pack those in oilcloth so they don't get rusty on the boat ride.

Those caps were brand new and installed last Christmas day on a buddies truck.

Unbelievable that Paccar would put their name on such garbage.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

what is that? looks like the top of a 55 gallon drum. what was in it?

It was the lid of a latrine barrel.

Paccar has standing orders for millions of them.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Wanna hear a sad one. I bought a NEW chrome shell for my B model from Barry. I received it shortly after and promptly opened it up when I got it at work. I was FLABERGASTED!!! It was sick................it was rust brown...............the entire thing. Pretty sick for what I paid for it. I took it home and spent some time with chrome polish and brought it back to "new" looking again. I quickly put a TON of wax on it to keep it looking fresh and coated the entire back side with gennie Army cosmolene to seal it up. It's been on the truck for 6 yrs(or so) and still looks great.

You can't buy quality much of anywhere anymore.

Bought a bumper for my new '99 Ford dually back in '99(I ordered truck without bumper as I wanted a drop model). Ordered it thru the Ford parts dept and it came in shaded with rust too. Shabby work all around.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Bought a bumper for my new '99 Ford dually back in '99(I ordered truck without bumper as I wanted a drop model). Ordered it thru the Ford parts dept and it came in shaded with rust too. Shabby work all around.

I replaced a lot of bumpers on F series trucks from 1997 to 2002 model years due to the faces rusting. Very low quality on the OEM level.

Rob

ahhhhh, the secret to their longevity revealed at last.

This is an actual photo. I did nothing to enhance it.

Rob

O.K. so tell me that wasn't for your truck. I mean we all know why pete make the cabs so narrow don't we. Buy a PETE-OF TRASH you get a PETE-OF-TRASH.....right? B)

THE GREATEST NAME IN TRUCKS

MACK TRUCKS

O.K. so tell me that wasn't for your truck. I mean we all know why pete make the cabs so narrow don't we. Buy a PETE-OF TRASH you get a PETE-OF-TRASH.....right? B)

No, not my truck. It was one that came to the shop for fixxing a scratch on the cowl and he had a new set of caps for the front and rear axles. Absolutely amazed when we pulled them off of the axles.

Rob

No, not my truck. It was one that came to the shop for fixxing a scratch on the cowl and he had a new set of caps for the front and rear axles. Absolutely amazed when we pulled them off of the axles.

Rob

oh, it's the inside of a chrome hubcap-I just now figured out what it was.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

oh, it's the inside of a chrome hubcap-I just now figured out what it was.

I had thought you were being facetious upon asking "what it was".

Rob

I had thought you were being facetious upon asking "what it was".

Rob

oh no- but what's the big deal? the other side is supposed to be the shiny side, turn it over when you put it on (the ''made in Taiwan'' sticker goes towards the hub), it'll look better and fit better, plus it'll be much easier to install. ^_^

oh no- but what's the big deal? the other side is supposed to be the shiny side, turn it over when you put it on (the ''made in Taiwan'' sticker goes towards the hub), it'll look better and fit better, plus it'll be much easier to install. ^_^

The face has very little chrome that will shine. It is a travesty that an american company would be so greedy to install garbage like that from the factory. These were installed onto a 2007 Pete by the selling dealer, that was purchased new last year new.

Rob

The face has very little chrome that will shine. It is a travesty that an american company would be so greedy to install garbage like that from the factory. These were installed onto a 2007 Pete by the selling dealer, that was purchased new last year new.

Rob

I have to admit that one of my favorite things to say on the radio to get something started (not that I ever say anything just to get something started-i'm just not that way! :rolleyes: ) was "two things that are highly over rated are Peterbilt trucks and Caterpillar engines". Actually the truck I drive now is the first Pete I ever drove, and it's not my favorite.

Drove IHs, an Astro, Macks, Freightliners, and KWs before, most with Cummins engines.

The face has very little garbage that will shine. It is a travesty that a greedy american Pete dealer would purchase a new garbage factory last year to install garbage in the 2007 Pete, that was purchased new last year new.

Rob

I'm sorry Rob, I was practicing ''copying and pasting''. I didn't mean to actually post this. I said I wouldn't do it any more, and i'm so ashamed. Now i'm going to practice moving the cursor over ''delete'' and clicking. Please forgive me, it won't happen again.

I'm sorry Rob, I was practicing ''copying and pasting''. I didn't mean to actually post this. I said I wouldn't do it any more, and i'm so ashamed. Now i'm going to practice moving the cursor over ''delete'' and clicking. Please forgive me, it won't happen again.

I'm too slow to follow this thread.

Rob

:angry: I had a set of chrome mudflap weights that had Mack cut in them. We've all seen them in catalogs. Same rust issue :angry: After a few years the rust was coming from the back and around all the letters. Then it started to peel!!!! Now I put on Mack flaps from Berube's and I made diamond plate aluminum trim parts at work B) . If I REALLY wanted something chrome I would probaly buy the part then send it out.

#1 on A-model registry

If I drink because of work, why can't I drink at work?