No Wonder A Pete Lasts So Long:

Rob

oh no- but what's the big deal? the other side is supposed to be the shiny side, turn it over when you put it on (the ''made in Taiwan'' sticker goes towards the hub), it'll look better and fit better, plus it'll be much easier to install. ^_^

here's what the other side of them look like :(

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I have to admit that one of my favorite things to say on the radio to get something started (not that I ever say anything just to get something started-i'm just not that way! :rolleyes: ) was "two things that are highly over rated are Peterbilt trucks and Caterpillar engines". Actually the truck I drive now is the first Pete I ever drove, and it's not my favorite.

Drove IHs, an Astro, Macks, Freightliners, and KWs before, most with Cummins engines.

the only cat motors that are any good are the 3406b and the 1693 the clatterpiller thats what i think

• 4 weeks later...

"The face has very little chrome that will shine. It is a travesty that an american company would be so greedy to install garbage like that from the factory. These were installed onto a 2007 Pete by the selling dealer, that was purchased new last year new."

If I remember correctly, Peterbilt is a Canadian company.

"The face has very little chrome that will shine. It is a travesty that an american company would be so greedy to install garbage like that from the factory. These were installed onto a 2007 Pete by the selling dealer, that was purchased new last year new."

If I remember correctly, Peterbilt is a Canadian company.

They may be, I really don't follow corporate structure. I do know the truck was ordered, purchased, and outfitted in Normal, IL, including the rusty "Paccar Parts" supplied hubcaps that were less than a year old.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

What ever happened to people protesting on Pennsylvania Avenue. You never hear of it anymore. It was almost a daily event back in the late 60's with the war on. Have we not had enough crap yet? I remember when truckers would also protest and it would get the polititions attention. Man those were the days when I was proud of this country and buying was fun. We did not settle for second or third rate products. But I was not sitting around watching TV all the time and was not eating steaks neither. Back in 1994 at a busy resturant that I ate lunch at often, I was asked if it was ok to allow others to sit down at the table with me. I said sure. No sooner after saying that, a black politition from our city came in and was motioned to come and sit down at my table. As soon as he was introduced to me, he said right out in the open to me, I quote" you know what's wrong with you white people" unquote, I might add that I was not wanting a fight, but was prepared to give him one immediaetly, he said that you white's don't stick together. I pondered over his remarks and said yes sir you are right we don't. The rest of the lunch time conversation was better politics if their is such a thing. Forgive me if I have mad someone angry, I was not trying to, but only making the earlier point. I'l never forget that day. And I have told it several times since that day. This resturant was a daily meat and three and was the oldest resturant in my city at that time. Many judges, senators, lawyers, etc. ect. ate there each day. I wish that it still existed today. Varallo's Chilly and resturant since 1912.

mike