Wow that is clean. That truck is a gem.

I'd expect the engine and transmission plus mounts to match, but I don't know what engine/trans you have, I'm unfamiliar with a 747.  Frame I'd assume would match an RW700, I think the first number digit indicates frame profile, though maybe not because the dm600 frame is way different from an R600, though I think they share engine/trans mounts. The U600's have the same frame as R600's though. I borrowed a U model frame rail front half to splice into our '79 R686ST that cracked vertically. Didn't have to drill a single hole.

Those doors look awfully similar to R model doors. 

Excellent thanks for the photos only thing that  that will fit as doors, and guages and guage  panel and grille and headlight panels as far as the cab goes can’t tell you anything else those things are really hard to come across and that kind of condition. bob

Actually not that many parts are interchengeable between the two.

Doors as said above but you should look for the mirror bracket holes to be drilled different. The grille you have on the truck was also used on Eastern R700 (and not on R600). I would also say fuel tank J-brackets and frame cross members are of the same width. With a remark of their actual width depends on presence of inner rails if that's a double frame. The crossmembers are made narrower to compensate the inner rails thickness keeping the overall width between outer edges of the frame. So if you find a member off an R with a single frame it would suit your single frame F. If the particular crossmember is of the same style. Since 2 or 3 different styles were used for both models.

Frame rails are different between R and F700. F700 has fish belly at the center and the front end of the rails is fashioned different than on R's. Worth to point out there were F600 with similar or the same rails as R-model but your truck is F700. All front chassis brackets are different such as spring hangers, steering gear mounts, cab mounts etc. Front bumper has different bolt pattern. Front axle steering knucles, hubs and wheels would suit a particular front axle which could be put both onto F or R. The axle beam casting is the same but may have holes for the spring U-clamps drilled at different distance and my guess is that's how they are drilled.

Rear axle, engine and transmission would be similar as long as they're of the same particular model. Not sure on transmission mounts and also on the front engine mount (it was different for R's during the years of production). Speaking the cabs the seats, instruments, roof vent door, some parts of the steering column. Air wiper motor is of similar style but has different fitment. Could be probably reworked to install but I'm not sure.

Battery boxes with covers were of the same style for many Eastern Mack models during the era. The most of brake components are the same excepting air tanks I belive. Steering gear may be looked over to be found similar or suitable but it needs to be investigated over particular unit.

Ok, worth to add the windscreens are sure not interchangeable with R but similar ones were used in CF firetruck cabs.

Vlad

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Some of you fellas might remember a few years back somebody on here completely restored one, and he had to do quite a bit of sheet metal work on the bottom of it. Guy did a real good job on. It ground up restoration. The truck came out top notch. Like mats 73… bob

On 2/3/2024 at 6:07 PM, mowerman said:

Some of you fellas might remember a few years back somebody on here completely restored one, and he had to do quite a bit of sheet metal work on the bottom of it. Guy did a real good job on. It ground up restoration. The truck came out top notch. Like mats 73… bob

Who was that? A Greece guy pops up in my mind with a F-model and I don't recall anybody else.

Trucking company, truck was white?  Something like that.  Was quite a spectacular restoration.

The other one was black/red that was recabbed with a NOS cab.  Wanted good money for it.

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

5 hours ago, HarryS said:

Was it Oakley Tank Lines?

Thank you. I remember that post. The reason I didn't it wasn't really extensive describing plenty of details or every stage or step. Anyway the sheet metal job looks nice and impressive.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, mowerman said:

I do remember the Greek  guy myself

The Greek guy's name was Sakis. You can see his comment in that thread.

• Like 1