Pictures of the Week

other dog

many years ago one of my customers bought a DM800 triaxle  from down southern way having a similar dump body. body was higher then 2 ton drop asphalt Shutes at locate plant ;;;I had to back under and then it was only 3/4 way. fun days 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Brocky said:

Mech,

Those big dump bodys are for soft coal, which is fairly light, not to mention those "West By God" coal truckers never knew what weight regulations were!!!

That's the truth!

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

21 hours ago, Brocky said:

Mech,

Those big dump bodys are for soft coal, which is fairly light, not to mention those "West By God" coal truckers never knew what weight regulations were!!!

List "coal" as a hauled commodity on your liability insurance being based in Pennsylvania, then see what it does for your premiums .  It takes a sharp insurance agent to word it correctly if you just haul some prepared anthracite.  I'm told it's because of the soft coal guys. 

• Like 1

On 1/5/2024 at 5:43 PM, 67RModel said:

Speaking of coal I got a nice little fire of nut size anthracite going now keeping the house nice and warm. I haul a ton or two in my dump trailer behind my pickup every winter but it’s for personal use. It doesn’t take much to keep my little shack warm all winter.

Aren't you worried that the gas company will be upset with you?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, h67st said:

Aren't you worried that the gas company will be upset with you?

Na. I wouldn't care if they were. Years back when I moved in I started burning wood and they came out several times to check my meter to make sure it wasn't broken or I wasn't bypassing it. They gave up after the second winter. They should be grateful. I buy their gas for hot water heating, clothes drying, and cooking. I all fairness street natural gas in most cases the lowest cost per BTU of just about any mainstream energy source. I just prefer the radiant heat the stove puts out and how much more comfortable the house is vs running the gas furnace. Also I like to have options. I can heat with natural gas, coal, or in about 20 minutes after the coal fire would go out I could switch out the stove for a wood stove and be heating with wood. I prefer heating with anthracite coal for many reasons but could utilize my other sources if necessary.

• Like 2

Saw this earlier this week not sure if it’s from coal country but I like the tri drive setup Hendrickson walking beams with the third drive axle cantilevered off of the second drive axle 

IMG_0811.jpeg

• Like 2

We had a brand new propane heater put  in a few years ago to replace the old one that was wore out ,,, but we both prefer running the pellet stove as you mentioned the wood heat seems more comfortable ,,,, I thought that was my truck at a quick glance oooooooooooooooohhh by the way thanks for that …. Bob

All I heated with for many years was wood. Kept the whole house plenty warm. No doubt it was a lot of work finding, cutting, splitting, and stacking firewood but I was young then and never minded it, actually I enjoyed doing all that.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

On 1/7/2024 at 4:30 PM, other dog said:

All I heated with for many years was wood. Kept the whole house plenty warm. No doubt it was a lot of work finding, cutting, splitting, and stacking firewood but I was young then and never minded it, actually I enjoyed doing all that.

When I lived in Penna I was the same.. That Franklin stove heated the whole house..

• Like 1

Brocky

I have never heard of this since I don’t see many wood stoves these days but a buddy of mine had one with the blower on it you had to turn it down it would get too hot in  there very impressive … bob