Mack cab beige interior paint.

Starting the restoration of a 1974 Mack Rmodel and looking for beige cab paint.I have read all the post out there on the beige interior paint colors. Have not been able to locate any mack paint and was wondering what others have been doing for paint on the inside of the cabs. I have an old can of dark beige from Mack 30 years ago and was going to take to PPG paint supplier to try to match. What has everyone been using as far as Paint brands, part numbers and any pictures would be great. Thanks in advance for the help. 

Yes I believe I have had all 3 beige colors at some point, My LTH is light, it’s original, My LJ was a little darker, I took the glove box off and waxed the back of it, took it to the local DuPont store and shot it with the camera and mixed it ,, it came out pretty good, I probably still have the darker code if you need it, I’ll send a picture of both, the LJ & LTH ,, I had another old Mack that was lighter than both of these. 

IMG_3339.jpeg

IMG_3500.jpeg

IMG_4079.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2023 at 9:40 PM, 1961H67 said:

Disregard the first picture with my Grandson, the light hit it wrong and made it look olive , The center one is the one I have a DuPont ( Nason ) Code for 

all the pictures are excellent ; most important part of the first picture isn't the lighting but you  are so fortunate to have a member of the younger generation having a strong interest in keeping history alive in the mechanical world.

On 11/1/2023 at 9:32 PM, 1961H67 said:

Yes I believe I have had all 3 beige colors at some point, My LTH is light, it’s original, My LJ was a little darker, I took the glove box off and waxed the back of it, took it to the local DuPont store and shot it with the camera and mixed it ,, it came out pretty good, I probably still have the darker code if you need it, I’ll send a picture of both, the LJ & LTH ,, I had another old Mack that was lighter than both of these. 

IMG_3339.jpeg

IMG_3500.jpeg

IMG_4079.jpeg

dash picture woke up some dormant  brain cells , now i'm at a loss. the round valve above RPM gauge = is that dry road/ wet road valve? been so long ago. usually the dry/slippery is a toggle like TTP valve lower dash. enlarged the picture (miracle in itself) still can't read it. remember seeing/ working on old iron having the valve can't remember what is for.

I think the last time I saw one of those round knobs was in a school bus we used to ride in last time I was in it was 1966 diesel bus and had one of those in it I was only 10 I had no idea what it was… I do remember the steering wheel was huge ha ha… bob