Truck Insurance

matthewb

I can't comment on Gulfway Insurance, but I have my truck covered by State Farm. They insure the house, my pick-up, '03 Monte Carlo SS B) , and my :mack1: . It might be worth the call to your regular insurance agent to see if they have coverage. You might qualify for a discount for multiple policies. I can pull a trailer as long as it is my trailer and anything on or in the trailer is mine also. I can pretty much do what I want as long as it is personal use. I do have an Ohio historic plate on 'cause I don't do that much with the 'ol girl.

#1 on A-model registry

If I drink because of work, why can't I drink at work?

Charlie,

I have had State Farm for 38 years and they have been great to my family. I have Tow In for all my vehicles so they pay for the towing bill after you send them the reciept. Well acouple months back I had the Mack towed. It cost $250.00 for a trip across town being 19 miles. When I contacted my agent, they said they have never seen a towing bill this expensive, and could only pay the maximum of $85.00 for the tow. Well I'm a bit unhappy about that to say the least.

mike

I used Hagerty on my fire truck, about $110.00 a year

Is your truck registered as a historic vehicle or a collectors vehicle? I got a quick online quote from hagerty as a historic and it said $200 per year but maybe it could be more accurate with more information.

I tried getting hold of gulfway insurance and havent gotten a response yet. I left them a message yesterday and havent heard back.

Charlie,

I have had State Farm for 38 years and they have been great to my family. I have Tow In for all my vehicles so they pay for the towing bill after you send them the reciept. Well acouple months back I had the Mack towed. It cost $250.00 for a trip across town being 19 miles. When I contacted my agent, they said they have never seen a towing bill this expensive, and could only pay the maximum of $85.00 for the tow. Well I'm a bit unhappy about that to say the least.

mike

The sales agent is not the claims department; There is an unbelieveable difference between the two.

I do not have State Farm insurance, never have, never will. Running an autobody shop for many years teaches one a thing or two about the workings of insurance companys.

Let's just say this one does not have its' policy holders best interest at heart.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

The sales agent is not the claims department; There is an unbelieveable difference between the two.

I do not have State Farm insurance, never have, never will. Running an autobody shop for many years teaches one a thing or two about the workings of insurance companys.

Let's just say this one does not have its' policy holders best interest at heart.

Rob

Check out JC taylor too.They specialize in Antiques wwwjctaylor.com 1 800 345 8290

• 3 weeks later...

I insure my 1958 F.W.D. through Condon & Skelly, Inc. which is an agent for Met Life. Really good coverage is $67.50 per year. They are located in Maple Shade, NJ. I have never heard a bad word about them or JC Taylor. Both of these agents specialize in antique/collectable vehicles, so they really know how to get you the right deal. When I first bought my rig, my own State Farm agent was like "Huh"?????? At a friend's urging I called Condon & Skelly.

Edited by 1958 F.W.D.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I have a mack CF611 that I will be registering as a collectors vehicle in ohio. Does anyone have any recommendations on who I should get insurance with?

Thanks,

Matt

Matt,

The best deal I found for an antique was through State Farm in TN. Liability and collision cost me about $125 per year.

Character is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.

Kenny Lane