1970-71 R685t steel nose

It's definitely an R model factory single axle tractor reading right off the vin plate. That's what I found so unusual about it. I asked Roger about it and he couldn't remember how he came to owning it. He thought it was a purchase with other trucks. All the tags suggest it was last registered out of Jersey in '92.

Screenshot_20230508-212149.png

8 hours ago, Bullheaded said:

That would be a cool truck. But now I'm even more depressed remembering how you could once have a choice of hoods on your Mack, center or offset cab, driven front axles, etc.

There were a lot of the RM(???) single axle dump trucks configured as 4X4 with snow plows in the northeast, especially in the "Lake Effect" snow areas of upstate NY..

• Like 1

Brocky

1 hour ago, terry said:

Unusual to see a hard nosed one that isn't a RD model, or it could have been a fiberglass hood converted to a hard nose.    terry:MackLogo:

I'm curious about that too. It has galvanized fenders on it which would seem post 71. Wills trucking of Richfield Ohio looks to have been a trash hauler which would explain the Nj dep numbers on it.

Yeah @DavCut that was me exploring the backyard as I've done many times before. It's a bit less occupied than the first time I was back there but there are still new things to discover every time.  Roger believes he bought this truck as a package deal along with the Rosenkraus B model he used to have back there. I'd love to own half the trucks he's forgotten to have owned currently or at one time.  I just talked to him yesterday about some Mack and Euclid haul trucks he might be interested in purchasing near me.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...