Well hears a new one

Well Mackey...  It's an ASET-I...  just pull the exh. manifold (with the turbo still attached) inspect behind the turbo center section for cracks.  if there are no cracks, replace the gaskets, re-condition the ends of the fuel lines, new exh. studs and nuts, and be done with it??? 

Do they even know how? and do they know the sealing/torqueing procedure for the 12 studs and nuts and how to torque condition the fuel lines?   

without any underlying issues, this job can be done in less than 4 hours based upon cleaning and prep, so give it 6 hours to allow for 6 smoke breaks..  just sayin'..  :)

• Like 1
  • Like 1

Last time it took a week to get injectors the "hired mechanic not ours put it back together and had to either it to get it to start #6 injector was oil soaked when it too it out imo I think it needs an overhaul and freshed up  but that's me 

• Like 1

My 95 E7-350 managed to get #6 water logged once.  The manifold gasket surface managed to rust enough that water got in through the seam between cab and hood. My dad took the manifold off, welded it with a cast iron rod, ground it down and it was good as new. Not saying this is your problem, but we did get a ton of rain this weekend here.

Boss could be wacko. I'm just saying, our 95 rd688 got waterlogged once with hood on, because the #6 exhaust manifold mating surface rusted through. We were lucky there wasn't enough water in it to brake the crankshaft.

not only looked cool but technically it helped engine run cooler. and driver didn't mind a cooler cab inside . keep in mind this was the day of mechanical common sense not computer modules  shutting down a unit due to temp  fluctuation ;; LOL 

Autocars possible cummins power . another one famous for side panel removal were the IH's having gas power (545 ??). hot summer day leaving side panels on was almost a guarantee for vapor lock. on track now let's stay on track !!!😂

4 hours ago, Freightrain said:

I've seen B models running with top fender panels off.  I'd guess most were V8 trucks?

My 237 doesn't get hot at all.

The bad thing about taking the fender panels off the B models the side cab vents were right behind the fender, lots of hot air there!

• Like 1