Well, on a happier note

mowerman

Saturday at last ha ha got to sleep in two extra hours should be a pretty good weekend first mow and edge of the season thought it was never get here… get the barbecue porch ready put out all my ornaments possibly a little work on the Mack 1st cup to think it over go to at least see why am I power steering is leaking .. Bob

B795B301-EC67-4C71-B279-FAD409F24247.jpeg

On 4/21/2023 at 7:18 AM, Bullheaded said:

Cheers. had mine last night before bed. Had to carry my old washer and dryer up stairs and bring new ones in, so had to kill all my pains, LOL

Depending upon the age of the washer/dryer, you might just regret doing that. The new ones aren't built as well as the old ones, are pretty easy to fix, and parts are relatively cheap. Shipping isn't, but the parts are. I had to replace the agitator cogs in my washer a month or two ago...$5 for the part, $15 to have it shipped "economy" (be there in a week or two, no tracking). Could've got 'em overnighted with tracking, but it was hard enough justifying paying 3x the cost of the part just to get it next week and they wanted a couple times more than that to get it to me quickly...especially aggrevating when it would've easily fit in the small $5 flat-rate USPS box & been here in 2-3 days WITH a tracking number. It's annoying when these places don't use the best available shipping option. Anyway, parts & pieces are easier to carry up & down stairs, and (except for the shipping charges) are less expensive.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Yes, I just fixed our dryer. Maybe mention that Amazon had all the parts it was squealing. I think I only paid like 40 bucks for an entire roller belt kit. It was a ball buster. Good to get a part but I saved a lot of money no more noises. I was just going to recommend a new dryer, but the old lady didn’t want to pay 900 bucks. So chalk  up one more honeydew ha ha

Good Deal Bob..  Last week, I was looking at our whole house HVAC unit..  The A/C went out last July. I had saved enough money to buy a new unit, only to find out I need an HVAC liscense to buy one..  That sucked..  So $3,000.00 turned into $6,000.00 +..  I decided to do some some trouble shooting, and found the Start Capacitor was bad..  I replace both of them, ($44.00)  Well, ''on a Happier Note''.. ''Kaboom''   It works perfectly..  Hopefully I get a lot  more service from it..  Dodged a Bullet there..  I hope you have a great day Bob..  

As far as the appliances, no I don't expect new throw away crap to live as long as old. I used to have 30 year old appliances but when they finally died I bought new and now I replace every 5 or so years.

I have a friend that used to have his own appliance repair business and he closed it and went trucking. I asked home if he was insane. He said "I can't take the repair business any more with this new stuff. Do you know how hard it is to tell someone that broke the crisper drawer in their fridge you may as well go buy a new fridge because it's cheaper than that drawer."

He said everything is throw away junk now.

4 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

Good Deal Bob..  Last week, I was looking at our whole house HVAC unit..  The A/C went out last July. I had saved enough money to buy a new unit, only to find out I need an HVAC liscense to buy one..  

Some years ago I went and became fully licensed to do aircons and it is still a mountain of paperwork but it is worth it to me as I can do it when I want and how I want 

Well hello Saturday turned into go to work Saturday, major electrical failure last week and the resulting explosion and fire went beyond were I couldn't see or feel

7 hours later things were up and running again and all put back together 

Sunday morning now and Miss Molly the border Collie and I are about to go for a run, she was pissed at me yesterday, she was so proud of the whole complete dead rabbit she found and was tritt trotting along with a squashed rabbit the size of a dinner plate in her mouth 

Well we had words and the rabbit got left behind 

A little while later I noticed she something else in her mouth, a rabbit's head this time, FFS Molly and it stunk

"No Darling, the Princess wont be happy if you bring that home" she was giving me the stink eye afterwards but the Princess has standards and they can't be to high as she married me but bringing dead animals and parts of them home isnt allowed 🤔

Have a great Sunday went it gets to your part of the world :SMOKIE-LFT:

Paul 

Excellent Paul thanks for the post. Yes, my princess was happy with everything I did at the beginning. Now she is pissed at me for everything. I do now you’re not alone bud ha ha they’re all weird. But she does appreciate my huge paychecks … what deal I see young couples, getting hitched nowadays nowadays all I could think of is, don’t do it bud…

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, mowerman said:

Excellent Paul thanks for the post. Yes, my princess was happy with everything I did at the beginning. Now she is pissed at me for everything. I do now you’re not alone bud ha ha they’re all weird. But she does appreciate my huge paychecks … what deal I see young couples, getting hitched nowadays nowadays all I could think of is, don’t do it bud…

Hell, I'd be absolutely lost without my wife. She keeps track of the day-to-day stuff...laundry done, dinners cooked when she's not at work, dishes done, grocery shopping, makes sure the kids get to their doctor appointments, etc...and she stays on top of writing the checks to pay the bills. I fix stuff. Washer breaks, I fix it. Vehicle breaks, I fix it. I mow the yard, trim the trees, clean the gutters, take care of the horses, etc...time escapes me & it seems 2-3 months go by in the blink of an eye. Those "past due" notices quit showing up when she took over writing the checks, not that I didn't have the money to pay them...time just flew by and I didn't get the checks written to send off. We make a pretty good team, actually, and it works. Absolutely amazing how often she'll mention something she wants to get & I pull out my phone and show her pics I've been taking while pricing the same thing she was looking for...and I've probably heard her say "you're right" to me more than any other married guy has heard those words from his wife in the history of mankind...so she's smart, too.😂

It'll be our 9-year anniversary next month, but it's been almost 21 years since I met her. Just took me that long to convince her to leave Texas for Illinois. If I lived pretty much anywhere else, it may not have taken so long...but it's Illinois. NOBODY wants to move here. We're trying to leave, but people willing to buy a house here are few & far between.

Not sure when "the change" happens to wifes that turn 'em bitter, and I suppose it's different for every couple. I'm hoping that never happens to her. Buddy of mine had his turn sour in 3-4 years, and I wouldn't wish what he went through on my worst enemy.😬

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!