A New Breed of Mack Trucks Announcement March 8th

The CT13 was a Navistar Maxxforce painted yellow. The CT15 was a Cat C15 block with Navistar/MAN top end, injection and emissions. I had high hopes but they were plagued with issues.

The Cat truck here in North America was an International Paystar with a Cat designed interior and hood.

In the end as Cat announced discontinuation of the Cat truck in North America they finally offered them as a glider kit that could be set up for C12, C13, 3406E and C15.

I priced one out and almost bought one. But the glider was as much as a complete running new truck and I couldn't get by that cyclops dash with the single tach/speedo. The interior in my Paystar 5600i was far superior to me.

I loved my Cat powered Paystar Eagle.

Edited by Bullheaded
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, mowerman said:

Just got this on latest googles  news I’m sure the millenniums will be all for it looks pretty good but electric engine????? I don’t know anyone that would be interested… Bob

A7F719BA-A323-44B1-95C6-4198F11AB5C7.jpeg

Not an electric engine an electric motor…

• Like 1

Haha thanks for that. I think they’re making way too big of a deal out of this. Lots of companies are going to figure out the public. Demand   is just not there. And they’re probably going to be sitting on a lot of equipment that didn’t move as well as they thought bob.

Gotta agree Joey

As time goes more and more people will choose EV's but some never will

I reckon the same thing would of happened when motor cars replaced the horse 

I dont reckon we should force anyone to change at all

If these are all they are made out to be we will choose them anyway 

Paul

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrsmackpaul said:

Gotta agree Joey

As time goes more and more people will choose EV's but some never will

I reckon the same thing would of happened when motor cars replaced the horse 

I dont reckon we should force anyone to change at all

If these are all they are made out to be we will choose them anyway 

Paul

maybe they will be Paul, but my bet it we will not see that happening within the next 15-20 years.

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

I remember an old buddy of mine that passed along time ago he started trucking in 1950 he was telling me a long time ago. His uncle refused to use the first electric light he grumble. There’s nothing wrong with the oil lantern. It kind of reminds me of myself, I kicked and screamed over cell phones and computers. . Now I have both.  Yes I am totally open to the idea but I don’t think they’re a good idea for the long-haul for one thing you can’t just call anyone for a road assistance unless you have a blowout ha ha.

Maybe not an apples to apples comparison, but the mine I work at tried some electric trucks to replace some of the Toyota's for underground. At first they got rave reviews. After the first winter I noticed they were gone and they went back to diesel Toyota's and some other specialty brand.

I asked about them. They said they were great underground, but as soon as they came to surface in winter they weren't worth a crap. (they were kept in an unheated garage plugged in, but the cold still killed the batteries.)

And then they said even underground, after a few months of driving through water all the electrical issues started.

So be interesting to see how all these new electric vehicles do up here in minus 40 and winters that last 6 months and towns that are minimum 200 KM apart and no chargers in most of them.

• Like 1

Interesting that you said that because there was two of them teslas passing me on 80 every day. All of a sudden they disappeared when it got cold and we’re gone for about a month then one returned  here lately, but not the other one. I am sure they are still testing them … I believe you’re correct they don’t do well in cold areas

Haha that’s my opinion when these 80 mph hillbillies keep passing me in shit weather they keep throwing sand and dirty snow on my windshield… washer tank is empty in an hour…. I 80 needs to drop that ridiculous speed limit… Bob

TJC. I'm pretty sure LED headlights are illegal. I worked at Orielly's 3 years ago, and we sold LED bulbs, but not advertised as "On-Road" head lights,,  Off road only..  The interweb is where these lights come from..  way too bright for on-coming traffic..  In my opinion..  and Bob, here in N.C. we have the new age 'Country  Boy' who is driving a pick up that is 6 feet tall and has LED light bars on it..  When I drive the country roads and one comes up on me, all I can do is slow down a bit and look down to the right at the white line to maintain my lane, because I cant see straight out the windshield.  jojo

Yes, I could see that being a real issue and a nuisance. Don’t see much of that around here but then again, I don’t spend much time on the road at night my biggest issue with the headlights is I usually drive a Mustang, which is pretty low when I’m stopped at a light almost every vehicle behind me is higher and lower. Headlights are right in my mirrors.

29 minutes ago, Joey Mack said:

TJC. I'm pretty sure LED headlights are illegal. I worked at Orielly's 3 years ago, and we sold LED bulbs, but not advertised as "On-Road" head lights,,  Off road only..  The interweb is where these lights come from..  way too bright for on-coming traffic..  In my opinion..  and Bob, here in N.C. we have the new age 'Country  Boy' who is driving a pick up that is 6 feet tall and has LED light bars on it..  When I drive the country roads and one comes up on me, all I can do is slow down a bit and look down to the right at the white line to maintain my lane, because I cant see straight out the windshield.  jojo

nope. just about every higher end car made in the past 3 years or so have LED headlights.

even my explorer has them. 

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..