R-700 question

My 1978 full line brochure shows the R700 available with NTC Cummins up to 350 h.p, both regular NTC and Formula. It only shows the 400 and the KT's under the Superliner and Cruiseliner. But a 350 can easily be made in to a 400 anyway.

The R700 also shows Cat up to the 3406 DITA 380 and Detroit up to the 8V92TA 435.

5 hours ago, Bullheaded said:

Interestingly in 1978 it doesn't show ANY Mack engines in the R700.

This makes me want to ask if there is a GVW difference between a 600 and a 700 series truck or did ALL 700's have nonMack engines / powertrains???? Obviously you could spec a 600 series for different GVW's so I presume the 700's were the same????

Brocky

6 hours ago, Brocky said:

This makes me want to ask if there is a GVW difference between a 600 and a 700 series truck or did ALL 700's have nonMack engines / powertrains???? Obviously you could spec a 600 series for different GVW's so I presume the 700's were the same????

I have seen 700 series Mack’s with 6 and V8 Mack engines terry:MackLogo:

• 2 weeks later...

In the late 1970's AR Gundry (then owned by Refiners Transport) and Gypsum Haulage, two Leaseway Transportation Companys shared the same terminal in Albany NY. Gypsum started out with used Whites from other terminals but eventually received at least 10 brand new R-700's with 290 Cummins and 9 speed Roadrangers. They were some beautiful tractors....average fleet power for back then.