Thermodyne surging

Good deal D.C.W. Can I get Opti-lube at NAPA?  I have a diesel fork lift that could you a little love.  It Has been my best employee for the last 12 years...   :)  Its full mechanical... jojo

KIMG1333.JPG

On 10/30/2022 at 7:57 AM, h67st said:

It's too bad you're in CA, we have a couple of shops in Ohio that still rebuild those pumps.

I checked with local shop about going through my 237 pump and readjust the settings.  They quoted $3500!   Yikes, I left it alone.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I just had my 673 pump gone through which included cleaning, replacing O rings and a cracked line fitting. They did it on the truck. The cost was $1300 which I didn't think was too bad. The shop is located in norther VA. I would have said "yikes" to $3500 too.

When I bought my new to me engine the governor didn't act right so I took a chance on an injection pump rebuilder in Williamsport Pa. the guy had it fixed that day and it was just a shim adjustment and it was around 100 or so dollars I would recommend the place, but I just can't remember the name. There is a shop in Dunmore and I took the pump from my early 673 to see if it could be repaired and Charlie said throw the pump in the junk no parts available it was as if he really didn't want to touch the pump.

Injector cleaners are great but they're more of a bandage on a broken arm than a fix. Injection spray quality is the biggest determinate to how an old diesel will run. Most older pencil style injector's have Bocsh part's in em which can be pretty easy to rebuilt yourself if you know what you're doing. 

On 10/30/2022 at 4:57 AM, h67st said:

It's too bad you're in CA, we have a couple of shops in Ohio that still rebuild those pumps.

Thanks.  Yes, it is too bad I live in Taxifornia.  I'd get out if I could.  It's not the country I grew up in.

• Haha 1