Future Macks?

3 hours ago, The Rubber Duck 006 said:

One of these days though you may just see me Drivin' an old R model with my name on the Title. You just never know. And I understand thar Volvo owns Mack but I believe that there is still quite abit of manufacturing differences between the two. Just like Peterbilt and Kenworth etc and even back in the day When Mack Bought Brockway each one has enough differences that still makes it a Good truck to do the Job a Driver needs it to do. Atleast the Mack name is Still around and not Erraticated like Mack did with Brockway and Volvo did with White and Gmc etc. I would rather see a Brand continue even if it's not Built by the original Company than see it go to the way side. Just my opinion though. Yeah we joke an call them VoMacks now but they are still excellent trucks and still tough as they ever were in my opinion. 

Last month I spent a week up in Pennsylvania running around Harrisburg/Hershey/Lancaster area. Of course thats Mack territory up there and saw more R models  running on the road there than back home. And they were nice R models too, most of the ones down here are in rough shape . 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mackpro said:

Last month I spent a week up in Pennsylvania running around Harrisburg/Hershey/Lancaster area. Of course thats Mack territory up there and saw more R models  running on the road there than back home. And they were nice R models too, most of the ones down here are in rough shape . 

That's awesome 👌.  I love seeing the original kings of the road still hard at it. 

On 8/14/2022 at 2:58 AM, Mackpro said:

If Mack goes with the Volvo cab, at least I hope the put the easy removable floor panel in like the Mack cab. In the Volvo cab we always had to pull the Ishift trans all the way out to get the shifter cover off. The Mack cab has the huge removable floor panel you can take out and do a lot on Mdrive repairs without taking the trans out. 

Which Volvo cab? The old one Volvo using in NA or the new Volvo cab using in the rest of the world? They  also build the old Renault Premium cab and the new Renault T cab.

The Volvo cab is good looking with the VHD model axle forward. About the best looking construction truck around. Picture that with a Mack hood. Thats pretty much where we have come to with the Mack product-Name/Hood and Dog. Oh I forgot camel backs and rear ends(made at Volvo Hagerstown I guess)

Edited by james j neiweem