Shop Talk

Onyx610

I'm gonna need a new fuel gauge, heck it don't even have a fuel tank behind the seat anymore, I do have the filler neck and cap though..  I will look into fuel cells..   $$$$$...  :)

12 hours ago, Onyx610 said:

I’ve heard a lot about that Macungie show and apparently it’s amazing. There is a tractor supply around the corner from me, I’ll check it out tomorrow. Thanks for the info!

one thing I noticed about tractor supply : NOT in any way saying a negative ; I'm a regular customer in the three around this area. their book section carries the = toy  trucker & contractor also the Toy Farmer :: situation is the issues are always 2-3 months behind. no big deal for reading or vendor addresses. not to good if you are interested in auctions or shows. I would  understand if the price was discounted ; it's not . great stores all the time for everything else. My city girl wife goes in and likes the stores; for her to like them THEY HAVE TO BE GOOD!!!LOL😄

• Like 1

Well, guy's... I got my NEW wheel cylinder's today for my '48...  $365.00 tax and shipping included..  6 days to get them... Not bad considering today's crap....   First time using this company,  I will try them again as needed...  If the picture is not clear enough let me know, and I will re-shoot the pic and P.M. it to you... Jojo

KIMG1259.JPG

• Like 1

Yes sir, Bob..  Im glad I posted the vendor, after your comment..  I will contact them as I go, with this project to see if they have what I need....  jojo

11 hours ago, mowerman said:

Hey Mecho ,,,,,it sounds like you and the old lady are like the Douglas‘s We have a ranch hand  and a princess similar situation at my place yes the old lady doesn’t get anything I do… bob

THANK YOU  I neeeded to read that,LOL  just got back to the house after what should have been a 1-2 hr project on  a dump trailer from 12 noon today, till now (8:45pm).  and back tomorrow early to finish . before a grandson's birthday party in early afternoon. 

46 minutes ago, tjc transport said:

but no one can laugh at or add to your comments in chat.

Haha….Yeaaaaa, but lately we have really been hijacking some threads with off topic nonsense. 

• Haha 1

It's not nonsense ;; it's call mental venting.  i'm waiting for the temp to go up a little right now==38 degrees. going for brake parts then heading to a 53 ft trailer brake job =OUTSIDE. and the EGR valve project of two days ago also taking place inside today, i'll do the outside brakes ;let the youngster be inside warmer doing the EGR and be his assistant if needed.  this wasn't my idea of retirement. 38 degrees and still out side ;;;LOL  and it's as always a freebe job . 

• Like 2

I pulled an automatic transmission out of a 55 Chevy 19° out outside but I was only 17 years old I would not do that now ha ha and yes I am getting off the road in 18 months but I’m planning on staying there and doing yard hustling and dock work part time I was planning on leaving Fedex entirely and doing something else but they’re paying 28 bucks an hour through work inside can’t find that kind of money anywhere else and no I do not want to drop dead in front of the TV like most retired folks in the past  maybe with the part-time work I will finally have time to jump on that Mack… bob 

• Like 2

I started out with bare spindles at 10:30, and this is as far as I got..  I wasnt in a hurry, and my 3 Pup's were there to help me.  They were jumping on me, and begging for cookie's, and pats on the back.  but we got this by 2:45..  Thanks for asking Bob...  I hope all is good with you ..  Jojo

KIMG1323.JPG

KIMG1324.JPG

• Like 2

I dont have lots of money to do more/or higher quality work to this truck.  I used a wire brush and brake clean to remove the rust from the hub assemblies.  I cant afford sand blasting.  I have also gathered up some new 12 volt parts,  headlight bulbs, turn signal wand, and pigtails..  The turn signal wand is from Amazon,  AKA , China/Taiwan..  it was $20.00.  chromed plastic.  I figure since it also came with a clear wiring diagram, that the diagram alone was worth the cost.  at least I will have the new wiring in place, in the case the cheapo turn signal fails too soon :) .. I know one thing,,,  since I stopped serving customers, and fixing trucks everyday...  It is actually enjoyable to go into my shop and work on "Sanford"   That's his name..  Yesterday I fixed a broken ABS wire on my wifes Avalanche..   I saved the cost of a new hub assembly..   $155.00 at Auto Zone..   30 minute repair.  I soldered the broken wire back together, and had a heat shrink ready and then I used 2 coats of a liquid elec. tape, that dries like plastic..  This repair should last a while..  OK,  there is my "Shop Talk" for today...    Jojo