MDrive transmission

I have a 2016 pinnacle with a MDrive automatic.on the highway the transmission slips out of gear then back into gear within a second..does it every once in awhile..sometimes I will go days and won't do it...has anyone had this issue before ? Thanks 

I'm NO expert here but, the 2014/15 Volvo with an I(idiot)Drive l drive did the same thing.  They thought it was the clutch and replaced it the first time in the shop but didn't stop the problem. As I was told there is a modular valve of some kind on the side of the transmission. It was replaced the second visit to the shop due to contaminated air supply. Have not had a problem since.     .....Hippy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes... clean/filterd  air is a must!!!  and NO air brake alcohol in the system to displace water. the shift cover can't handle it...  BTW..... I call "I-Shift"   "I-Don't Shift"    What pisses me off about all of these automated system's...  Is the FACT that People who buy these P.O.'S truck's, are the R+D ( research and developement) for the products....   OK, time to go..... jojo

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, 70mackMB said:

I'm NO expert here but, the 2014/15 Volvo with an I(idiot)Drive l drive did the same thing.  They thought it was the clutch and replaced it the first time in the shop but didn't stop the problem. As I was told there is a modular valve of some kind on the side of the transmission. It was replaced the second visit to the shop due to contaminated air supply. Have not had a problem since.     .....Hippy

I'm going to check it ..I know sometimes it won't go in gear when ur stoped or rev up .I took the negative off the batteries and it was fine but still does it ..and the slipping in and out of gear I definate will check  for that module thanks

I forgot to add, that there is a small air tank under the driver's,,,, I mean 'sitter's' seat, that is for the tranny...you may need to clean it out.. jojo

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Vmac3 said:

It may also be the clutch actuator that is acting up. I hope you have warranty on this transmission. More failures to come.

V

I hope it ain't much of a issue ..I'm waiting for the truck to get back from the road..and I sure ain't got no warranty ..the driver said it hasn't done it all day ..thanks 

Yeah, I'm sorry if I'm harsh..  I just think about owner operators who need to get the most out of thier trucks and this tranny/clutch, has many issues..  I have pulled many of them before 300,000 miles..  you are doing good if it's the original tranny and clutch..  jojo