MDrive transmission

Yes my story about backing was with a DT12. I tried to like them and give them the benefit of the doubt and have an open mind regarding the automated transmissions but they are not for me. As an owner operator now in a vocational application I can't see their benefit as they are much more expensive initially, much weaker (1 countershaft), and seem to be too complex electronically to have long term reliability (higher operating costs). They may save on driveline abuse with an inexperienced driver off-road. Also if your running a fleet they probably help to attract new and younger drivers that don't know how or don't want to drive a manual.

11 hours ago, 67RModel said:

I know a lead mechanic at a mostly Mack fleet runnning a lot of MDrives and a lot of the failures they were seeing were from from one of the wiring harnesses (I think on the left side of the unit) were getting corroded somehow and causing all sorts of weird symptoms. This was several years back now but I know they had they exact same thing happen on a few of their trucks. It could possibly be a technical service bulletin by now. These are rebadged Volvo I Shift transmissions with different software programming to match the programming and characteristics of the Mack MP engines. Maybe check some of the Volvo forums (if they have one) to see if there is any information there? 

Thanks for the info .. appreciate it

• 1 year later...

Any updates on this? Im having same problems,, truck running fine in odd gears. Also only goin up to 11th if it goes into 12th it gets stuck until i keep hittin brakes to try to get back into 9th then pop back in 11th…sometimes no throttle until odd gear