1967 DM600 in New Jersey

67RModel

Ya There is no way I would attempt that broke down in the middle of nowhere trying to rustle up obsoletes parts absolutely nobody has losing work Stuck in a hotel for days hoping somebody finds something somewhere getting it towed off the freeway too much stuff to go sour… Bob

• Like 1

I'm thinking that was a site dump truck.  Never seen salt in Jousey?? Double frame that isnt spread??  What a deal for the money if the cab isnt all bondoed up.

I bet that thing barks pretty good with that pipe!   I love the sound of my 237.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

39 minutes ago, tjc transport said:

i don't think so Larry. ain't no way a dump truck will run the roads here for 50+ years without falling apart and being completely rebuilt 5-6 times. 

IDK ???  I don't have to put much thought into a few old ten wheelers from NJ that were in pretty nice shape.  Lots of those old big DMs and Autocars ?  they weren't exactly a rarity , and some were pretty well preserved.

that is true, but those trucks also were usually washed at the end of the day, and parked indoors. 

i know a guy that has a three year old truck that looks like it is 30 years old. 

on the same lines, my old 99 R model still looks like it rolled off the showroom floor.

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

38 minutes ago, tjc transport said:

that is true, but those trucks also were usually washed at the end of the day, and parked indoors. 

i know a guy that has a three year old truck that looks like it is 30 years old. 

on the same lines, my old 99 R model still looks like it rolled off the showroom floor.

We all know the guy with the 3 year old truck that looks 30 😂 and they're getting more popular than ever cause that's about when good warranty runs out 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/3/2022 at 1:47 AM, mrsmackpaul said:

Sorry mate, you and I are clearly worlds apart, anyway thats me, just a tad different than the normal these days

Stick it on a truck if thats your cup of tea, I'm not judging 

I just wanna have something more to think about when I'm all buggered up in a nursing home than all the adventure I wish I had of done

Paul 

Paul, I'm generally with you on your statement (and many on here know that) but you forget the guys in the US has SNOW on many roads at the moment!

Speaking old tyres if I worry about them I'd just buy a new set at the place the truck is for sale and swap then in locally before the trip. No matter where to buy tyres if you lean toward having a new set anyway.

• Like 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012