My first B model 1965 b462

On 11/21/2021 at 9:31 PM, yarnall said:

Nice truck.  Yes.  It has a short hood like a B67.  My father has a B46 tractor.  I think it has an EN464 in it. 
i agree with Vlad.  It would be great if you left the truck intact.  There are very few B model mixers in existence.  It would be a shame to take this one apart. There are dozens of B61 tractors for sale.   Sell this and buy one of them or keep this and buy another.  
Your truck, but it would be a real shame to take it apart.   Mike. 

My 63 B46S has a EN402,it was originally a mixer chassis. They must have been available with different engines

As nice as this one is, it SHOULD be worth a pretty penny.

Lots of logic to the school of thought of selling it for high bucks and using that money to buy a tractor closer to what you want.

But, it MAY be difficult to find one as nice as what you have.  So...

But, like the man said, it is YOUR truck.  Do what makes you the happiest in the long run.

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

modern (after 1963 ) power for a B42 was a en438 overhead valve which i believe this had. the model then became the B422 in a truck/tractor. the en464 was available in the heavier chassis , B60 and B62. the 'baby quad' wouldnt bolt up to a en464.   i agree, leave this one alone and find a more suitable candidate. 

Edited by Maddog13407
  • Like 1

post-6-0-64947600-1408238925_thumb.jpg

29 minutes ago, Mike Harbison said:

Yeah,not having a nice building is a very big problem to have if you ask me

Sorry!  I was suggesting you had so many trucks you can't get them all inside!

I had a friend once who bought a metal building that used to be a machine shop.  He finished one corner (2-3 rooms) and left the rest of it as a shop.  I always thought that was the ultimate dwelling.  I suggested this to my wife...but she did not share my enthusiasm for the idea.

I'd love to see more pics of that one in your avatar.  Looks nice from what I can see there.

Edited by doubleclutchinweasel
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, doubleclutchinweasel said:

I had a friend once who bought a metal building that used to be a machine shop.  He finished one corner (2-3 rooms) and left the rest of it as a shop.  I always thought that was the ultimate dwelling.  I suggested this to my wife...but she did not share my enthusiasm for the idea.

I'd love to see more pics of that one in your avatar.  Looks nice from what I can see there.

I think Many of us have had that conversation with our wives. though I would venture for most it did not go over well. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, doubleclutchinweasel said:

For some reason I can't post pics on this si/e,I have a hard enough time keeping logged in. It hasn't been right since Barry "improved"it awhile back.

8 hours ago, Mike Harbison said:

For some reason I can't post pics on this si/e,I have a hard enough time keeping logged in. It hasn't been right since Barry "improved"it awhile back.

Maybe try postimages, like they use over at JOT?

10 hours ago, Mike Harbison said:

Ya, I use postimage.org as its free and easy to use(like photobucket used to be).  Save your pictures there and they give links to use to paste a picture any place you want.

You can use the "add files" in the bottom of your post and download the picture directly to the post.  Not sure if there is still a limit on how many pictures you can download to BMT?  I know that was an issue before.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

1 hour ago, Freightrain said:

Ya, I use postimage.org as its free and easy to use(like photobucket used to be).  Save your pictures there and they give links to use to paste a picture any place you want.

You can use the "add files" in the bottom of your post and download the picture directly to the post.  Not sure if there is still a limit on how many pictures you can download to BMT?  I know that was an issue before.

Hadn't thought of that.  Maybe he's reached his limit.

By the way, I could not get the postimage thumbnail or hotlink kind of things to work here.  But, I noticed that the "link"  worked fine.

Example:

https://postimg.cc/vxm81hxb

Edited by doubleclutchinweasel

I use Postimage also and use the "direct link" option to post a picture on here. When Just Old Trucks picture program was down I had to use the "thumbnail for forums" option, But on BMT all it gives you is a lot of words and no picture. 

Brocky

12 minutes ago, Brocky said:

I use Postimage also and use the "direct link" option to post a picture on here. When Just Old Trucks picture program was down I had to use the "thumbnail for forums" option, But on BMT all it gives you is a lot of words and no picture. 

That's what I saw, too.  Glad it wasn't just me!

The "link" option won't put the picture here, just the link, and that MIGHT work for Mike if he can't use the other options.