It's what it's all about

7 hours ago, tjc transport said:

i wonder what it has for power? looks like an eaton/fuller trans by the shift knob. 

Dunno, you know as much as I do, but yes has a RoadRanger for sure

Most truck drivers even the 80s wouldn't of been to successful driving twin sticks so just to keep it practical and for parts like most Macks the quad box would of been removed 

Paul

7 minutes ago, doubleclutchinweasel said:

If a straight drive transmission is an "anti-theft device" for new drivers, then a Quad would have to be like Kryptonite!

Actually, a Quad should qualify for a lower insurance premium, since nobody could steal the blasted thing!

For added security, I am going to put a tri-plex shift pattern tag in my B that will be sporting a twin stick 6 Spd. 

• Haha 2

If we are honest, truck drivers today would struggle with anything more than a Roadranger, thats not knocking todays drivers in anyway, it's just industry standard today and even Roadrangers are slowly fading in place of semi automatic and full automatic transmissions

Most of us would struggle just driving a T model Ford with it's three pedal transmission, or at least I think thats what it has 😐 😒, dunno as I have never driven a T model so dont know for sure 

Paul

On 11/2/2021 at 8:17 PM, tjc transport said:

i wonder what it has for power?

At the 2.40 mark you can hear that V8 Cackle I reckon.. But Have been wrong before (Just ask my Wife)

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

3 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

If we are honest, truck drivers today would struggle with anything more than a Roadranger, thats not knocking todays drivers in anyway, it's just industry standard today and even Roadrangers are slowly fading in place of semi automatic and full automatic transmissions

Most of us would struggle just driving a T model Ford with it's three pedal transmission, or at least I think thats what it has 😐 😒, dunno as I have never driven a T model so dont know for sure 

Paul

model"T" is two pedals for trans. 

right pedal is brakes, center pedal is up neutral, down .reverse. left pedal is forward. down is low, center neutral, up high. 

to shift slowly step down on left as you throttle up . when moving throttle down and slowly let left pedal all the way up as you throttle up. 

\for reverse, left pedal in middle and pull parking brake half way. this hold in neutral. 

then slowly step down on center pedal as throttling up. 

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

1 hour ago, tjc transport said:

model"T" is two pedals for trans. 

right pedal is brakes, center pedal is up neutral, down .reverse. left pedal is forward. down is low, center neutral, up high. 

to shift slowly step down on left as you throttle up . when moving throttle down and slowly let left pedal all the way up as you throttle up. 

\for reverse, left pedal in middle and pull parking brake half way. this hold in neutral. 

then slowly step down on center pedal as throttling up. 

...and to make things a little more complicated the throttle is on the right side of the steering column.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, davehummell said:

Ford carried the hand throttle on the column on into the model a. and a spark adjuster on the left same as a t. The T was a fun car to drive but for ease of driving my 31 coupe is way better. 

I think the hand throttle, whether it be on the column or the dash was because of the starter button on the floor. Needed a way to give it throttle while hitting the starter. I've never driven a "T" before but drive my "A's" as often as I can (which isn't often enough). My '31 delivery had haywire going from the choke through the grill so it could be choked when started with the hand crank. The hand crank is probably another reason for the hand throttle