Macks mRIDE

Well a bit more reading and Googling and I found this, the forum gets a mention in the article 

The article also claims it is similar in appearance to the T ride and Freightliners suspension but is different and is not simply a M instead of a T

https://www.constructionequipment.com/macks-mride-smooths-bumps

Paul

1 hour ago, mrsmackpaul said:

As I read the comments people said its a copy of Volvo's T ride 

Dunno if thats true or not 

Paul

Paul, I believe It is True ...

• Like 1

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

So been thinking and studying and well you never know if you dont ask

Very slack day waiting, waiting and more waiting

Whilst wasting my life away waiting for everything else to happen today I have beem googling and trying to find out if mRIDE is available in Australia 

So I notice this Superliner for sale and notice it has mRIDE assend, it is b ride in the addScreenshot-20210701-181704-Facebook.jpg

So zoomed in and found this 

20210701-182133.jpg

And a frontal shot just to get you im the mood

FB-IMG-1625127475832.jpg

So anyway I  take it that it is clearly available in Australia 

Found this Yanky broucher on mRIDE and you can get up to 11 leaves in the spring pack

This pack is 5 so guessing 5 is enough for road train work

11 would be like a 58 camel back Im thinking

https://www.macktrucks.com/powertrain-and-suspensions/suspensions/mride/

Paul

Bro ! Volvo construction version trucks have used this stuff for years here ,in Canada it seems to be ok! I've heard very few people bitch about it!  Ive heard the springs can break with out warning how ever  that's hear say and as with everything Volvo its Pricey to repair! our last garbage truck order from local district here had all M ride See how it goes 5 years from now! everything is built to throw away these days so the suspension will likely out last the emissions systems two fold! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Volvo T Ride was at one time the most articulate suspension available . I believe it was referred to as The Gripper ??  Seems like that and the height of the double reduction carrier is a hard setup to beat  ......figuratively and literally . Problem was no one wanted to be seen driving a homely Volvo back then 

4 hours ago, kt_Engineer said:

Articulation of M-Ride with Mack axle

image.png

Well I'm impressed, I try not to be anti Volvo, after all if we aren't careful the Mack brand will disappear for ever

Volvo's cant be all that bad they have been used in extreme conditions in Australia pulling road trains and extreme heavy haulage for well over 40 years now 

Paul

• 4 weeks later...

A Sterling would have had a TufTrack  (the Freightliner version of it) and FYI  T Ride was around back when the Volvos were really homely. At least now most everything kinda looks the same.  (not being judgmental 70mackMB)  

They look pretty similar to the Freightliner Tuff Trac.  And as I just commented in another thread, I ran a Sterling and a Coronado 122SD with Tuff Trac. It rode almost as good as our air ride trucks and had better traction than air ride.

Can't comment on the Volvo/Mack version, but the only Tuff Trac's I ever saw fail (and almost every dump truck around here was a Sterling with Tuff Trac) were a couple that were being grossly over loaded and pounded off road.