Pictures of the Week

other dog

The chock blocks are one of ATHS's nit picking rules for so called insurance reasons. I used my one from the 2014 Springfield MO show which is similar to the one High Binder pictured. They hand them out at registration. These and the 2015 York PA ones were pretty useless!! Probably adds to the high $$$$ they collect to show your truck..

Their rules for liability insurance and fire extinguishers make sense, but have never been checked close.

Brocky

3 hours ago, High Binder said:

Wheel chocks from Lexington were pretty nice.  A lot of work went into them.

a27.JPG

Do they only issue you with One..?  if so wouldn't that be a waste of Time..??

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

8 hours ago, Hayseed said:

Do they only issue you with One..?  if so wouldn't that be a waste of Time..??

Seed, Yes at registration they issue you ONE. You are supposed to place it on the downhill side of one tire. The local hosting chapters get the pleasure of designing and building them. I do not know who foots the bill for materials. The chock blocks have become a tradition similar to dash plaques and some guys take pride in their collection. I leave mine in my enclosed car hauler trailer (with no parking brake) and use them when dropping my trailer.

• Like 1

Brocky

I'm sure the Bluegrass Chapter made around 1,300 of them.  I would hate to have to make 2,600 so that each truck could have two with all the hand work involved.  I think the host chapter is responsible for the expense.  A lot of time and materials gets donated by the members and it's a matter of pride.  I saw some fellow at a show display about 20 of them in front of his truck. 

• Like 1

On 6/8/2021 at 11:49 AM, Brocky said:

The chock blocks are one of ATHS's nit picking rules for so called insurance reasons. I used my one from the 2014 Springfield MO show which is similar to the one High Binder pictured. They hand them out at registration. These and the 2015 York PA ones were pretty useless!! Probably adds to the high $$$$ they collect to show your truck..

Their rules for liability insurance and fire extinguishers make sense, but have never been checked close.

They charge you to show your truck ?

Well thats new to me,I  have only taken my bucket of bolts to a couple of shows and just driven in were directed, maybe I was meant to pay.....oops

Paul

13 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

They charge you to show your truck ?

Well thats new to me,I  have only taken my bucket of bolts to a couple of shows and just driven in were directed, maybe I was meant to pay.....oops

Paul

This was the first time I've had to pay to go to a truck show. Usually they will just ask for a donation, and I usually give $20. At Winchester it's for the local food bank, but it's not a mandatory thing. At Harrisonburg we paid $90 for both of us for 3 days. 

Not unreasonable for what you get I don't guess, which is getting to see all those trucks, but it was totally unexpected.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

44 minutes ago, other dog said:

This was the first time I've had to pay to go to a truck show. Usually they will just ask for a donation, and I usually give $20. At Winchester it's for the local food bank, but it's not a mandatory thing. At Harrisonburg we paid $90 for both of us for 3 days. 

Not unreasonable for what you get I don't guess, which is getting to see all those trucks, but it was totally unexpected.

You know come to think of it I think I told a lie.

Im pretty sure that if you just want show a truck it was free, if I want to show a truck in competition there was a charge, I really dont know and shows really arent my thing so I'm probably the wrong person to even comment 

Paul

3 hours ago, mrsmackpaul said:

You know come to think of it I think I told a lie.

Im pretty sure that if you just want show a truck it was free, if I want to show a truck in competition there was a charge, I really dont know and shows really arent my thing so I'm probably the wrong person to even comment 

Paul

My experience going to Truck Shows here in Paul, is..

All the Historical/Vintage truck Shows Don't charge An entry fee.(or I've never been to one that does).

The only ones that Charge an Entry fee are the Shows with all the Modern Trucks that give out heaps of Prizes. & are (in My Opinion) Nothing more than Appendage Measuring Contests....!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

Seed I think the show that charged if I wanted my truck judged was a local show and may of been the local clubs fund raiser

It was something like 10 bucks to enter but my Mack isnt up to those standards so never worried about it

Paul

Bottom Line is ATHS is flat out money hungry!!!   Everything you do associated with them costs you$$$$$. I realize that site rental and production costs are necessary BUT?? I joined in 2002 and truck entrance was $25 each and spectators were free. About 10 years ago they started the spectator fee of $10 and $25 for a 3 day pass. Now it is $35 per truck and $15 per day for spectators, with a entire show pass of $50 for ATHS members. These are the name tags you saw many people wearing.

The ATCA show in Macungie PA is $10 per truck and spectators are free. I believe that Mack Trucks and some others help with Corporate donations. The Fire Dept, Boy Scouts, and many locals charge a $5 spectator parking fee since parking gets tight in the area. 

The local chapter shows are usually in the area of up to $15 entry fee to cover site rental. Our chapters big show is piggybacked on a large established Family Farm Days. Free display space, vendors get charged, and a $5 spectator fee. All profits go to the local Community Center.

Edited by Brocky
  • Like 1

Brocky

5 hours ago, Brocky said:

Bottom Line is ATHS is flat out money hungry!!!   Everything you do associated with them costs you$$$$$. I realize that site rental and production costs are necessary BUT?? I joined in 2002 and truck entrance was $25 each and spectators were free. About 10 years ago they started the spectator fee of $10 and $25 for a 3 day pass. Now it is $35 per truck and $15 per day for spectators, with a entire show pass of $50 for ATHS members. These are the name tags you saw many people wearing.

The ATCA show in Macungie PA is $10 per truck and spectators are free. I believe that Mack Trucks and some others help with Corporate donations. The Fire Dept, Boy Scouts, and many locals charge a $5 spectator parking fee since parking gets tight in the area. 

The local chapter shows are usually in the area of up to $15 entry fee to cover site rental. Our chapters big show is piggybacked on a large established Family Farm Days. Free display space, vendors get charged, and a $5 spectator fee. All profits go to the local Community Center.

So I could have gotten a show pass for $50 because I'm an ATHS member, even though I wasn't showing a truck? Would that have included Zina from Gladys? If it didn't the $15 a day for 3 days was cheaper.

Tom, thanks for these excellent truck pictures! I see the weather was perfect so hope the days worth the entry fee and the time. Anyway unexpected expence doesn't add pleasure to a event but hope you was fine then. I miss nice looking restored trucks being not able to attend shows for all these Covid months so it's real pleasure to watch your photos. Say hello to Zina from Florida. Ok, I meant say hello to Zina from Moscow. Oh nope, I mean say hello to Zina from Florida from me from Moscow. That would be right:)

• Haha 1

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Tom, You would have had to read the show brochure included in your Wheels of Time!! The entire show pass, $50 for EACH person, is good from Tuesday thru Sunday, if any trucks were left!!  You did it the cheapest way. It cost me $135 for Nelle and I plus the Diamond T!!! Plus $300 for the 3 day golf cart, reserved and paid for in March.. Room and food would have been the same.. The more I think about it the Less I am planning on going to Springfield ILL next year..

I hope to meet up, and visit longer, with you at Macungie where it only costs $10!!! Will arrive Thursday by noon and hope to get my usual parking place under the tree across form registration.

Brocky

5 hours ago, Vladislav said:

Tom, thanks for these excellent truck pictures! I see the weather was perfect so hope the days worth the entry fee and the time. Anyway unexpected expence doesn't add pleasure to a event but hope you was fine then. I miss nice looking restored trucks being not able to attend shows for all these Covid months so it's real pleasure to watch your photos. Say hello to Zina from Florida. Ok, I meant say hello to Zina from Moscow. Oh nope, I mean say hello to Zina from Florida from me from Moscow. That would be right:)

OK Vlad, I'll tell her. It'll be nice when you can come to Macungie again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Brocky said:

Tom, You would have had to read the show brochure included in your Wheels of Time!! The entire show pass, $50 for EACH person, is good from Tuesday thru Sunday, if any trucks were left!!  You did it the cheapest way. It cost me $135 for Nelle and I plus the Diamond T!!! Plus $300 for the 3 day golf cart, reserved and paid for in March.. Room and food would have been the same.. The more I think about it the Less I am planning on going to Springfield ILL next year..

I hope to meet up, and visit longer, with you at Macungie where it only costs $10!!! Will arrive Thursday by noon and hope to get my usual parking place under the tree across form registration.

We're coming Wednesday because we're picking Vicki from Florida up at the Allentown Airport at 10 pm. She goes back at 6am Sunday morning,  so we'll be there all that time. Maybe we can meet up for dinner or something.