Help on 2002 ch613

2002 ch with e7 427. Its cutting out as im driving it. Seems like its random but more prevalent when hitting big bumps. Its like you shut the key off for a second. It dies,the alarm comes on then takes right back off. Cleaned every ground i could find. Pulled every wire i can. Still keeps doing it. Any advice where to check next. Also tried 2 different ecm to rule that out. Thanks.

13 hours ago, Dirtymilkman said:

Relay in dash. Looks like a Ford starter relay. 

Ok thanks ill check that out. My older RDs and superliner has a relay in the dash but i wasnt aware the newer macks used had it too. Learn something new everyday i guess. Thanks again.

Go to the fuse cover and open it...  look to the left just under the center dash. there should be a bank of relays there... 3 or 4... 1'" black cubes... one of them is the "new" back then..... Acc. Relay...... you can switch the headlight relay to see if this is your issue.  BTW:  did you tighten the block ground on the left side, and is the ground breaker on the fire wall, good and tight?

I didnt pull the right kick panel but i will try that. Also it doesnt have battery isolation switch. I had someone drive it and i held my hand on the 4 relays in the dash. When it cuts out those relays are clicking  so must be losing power to them.

3 hours ago, John3406 said:

I didnt pull the right kick panel but i will try that. Also it doesnt have battery isolation switch. I had someone drive it and i held my hand on the 4 relays in the dash. When it cuts out those relays are clicking  so must be losing power to them.

check the power supply into the fire wall  drivers side!

• Like 1

Well heres my update.  I checked everything mentioned here. Big connector behind motor, checked all grounds again that i could find,power wires going thru firewall coming of starter relay on firewall. Pulled and shook every wire i can reach it never lost power and cut out. But drive down the rough roads and it cuts out. Ill keep looking 

has fuse #40 been replaced with a circuit breaker? Its in the fuse box under the hood next to the steering column.  Also, what kind of condition is the J-1 and J-2 connectors on the E.E.C.U.?

14 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

9-2 code...  "V"... you got this!... Glad to see you again... Hadn't seen you much lately..  well at least what I'm posting in..  Jojo

Thank you Joey. I watch the forum and participate when needed. You and a few others have a lot covered, I learn for yours and their experiences. Appreciate you and others on this forum.

V

I just remembered something,

Does this truck have a Qualcomm, ABS or anything else plugged into the J1939/1587/1708? If it does unplug it. Check in the fuse panel and you will find terminal studs marked 1587- and + (I believe) if someone can verify it. If it does remove any extra wires that are connected to it. You may have a module interfering with the Datalink. I vaguely remember having this issue. This check will not take long. Unplug these modules and recheck. Please be absolutely sure to have all the power and grounds checked as mentioned earlier (starter, battery, relays etc...).

V

• Like 1