E6 &E7 Engines

macks in nigeria

• 2 weeks later...

How do you feel about an early E-Tech, 300 that runs great and Has a boat load of new parts attached. I was building a water truck for job sites, and did a bunch to the outside of the engine to stop leaks. I can try to send you a video of it. Jojo

13 hours ago, Joey Mack said:

How do you feel about an early E-Tech, 300 that runs great and Has a boat load of new parts attached. I was building a water truck for job sites, and did a bunch to the outside of the engine to stop leaks. I can try to send you a video of it. Jojo

Sounds interesting. Can i see the video please. 

Ok. I will try to get a video tomorrow on my lunch brake. This engine runs good and doesnt smoke. I have replaced the exh. manifold, water pump, fan clutch, (viscous), steering pump gasket, cleaned overboard breather, installed with new gasket, i removed the oil cooler and oil filter pad and cleaned all, and installed new o-rings and gaskets, the oil cooler was not leaking internally. I flushed the cooling system, and installed a new thermostat . Everything i did was dissassembled, buffed clean and painted with Mack Gray Eng. Paint..  This is not "Lipstick on a Pig". the paint looks good, and since iv'e been driving the truck around the yard and running it up to temp. It is not leaking any more. I also replaced the engine wire harness with a new one from Mack, and there are NO codes present.. I did not pull the E.U.P.'s because they were not leaking. there were no 8-? codes before i did the work. The company I'm doing this for was going to stretch it and build a water truck. This truck is a CH-612, but had a backhalf put on it from an International and made it into a twin screw dump truck..  I found another 'WHOLE' CH-613 for cheap money, and they decided to use the new Mack and Either keep this Frankenstien truck for parts, or sell the good engine and tranny to recoop the cost of the truck plus my work. The tranny is an Eaton, FRO15210C. The P.T.O. is off of it. the clutch doesn't look old. there is some oil in the flywheel housing. I dont know if the rear main is leaking, or it's left over from a leak. My guess is... it needs a rear main seal....  bare with me on getting a video and pics.. I'm very busy.. Jojo

I have to apologise.  The Owners decided to keep it for a parts truck.  They spent more on it than needed, and will part it out into thier fleet.  I will do better next time.. jojo

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, samiam said:

What is an ‘82 350 Mack engine complete worth. ??

I have whole truck. Cab is rough rough and frame is rusted. 44,000 rears, 20,000 fronts. 6 speed low hole transmission.  Good hood. 
Sam Cramer 765-342-0808 or text. 

I bought a complete running 1981 E6 350 with the 6 speed trains for $2500CAD (about $1900USD). Don't know if they are worth that but that is what I paid a few months ago. 

• 1 year later...