Ford N-Series

doubleclutchinweasel

23 hours ago, Red Horse said:

Same note-  my wife said.."I wish I was 30 years younger".  I said...."No- you wish it was 30 years ago"

There's a lot of wisdom there.  I would not want to be 30 years younger NOW...but I do wish it was 30 years ago!  Or 40!  LOL!

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

2 hours ago, General Ike said:

Cashtown PA Engine 4-1

1963 Ford N???  500gpm 1000gal tank.  Retro Fitted by Lady & Taylor with a dump valve in the '80's.

Retired in 2001.  This rig ran 2nd due into Gettysburg for calls on the western side of town.  Saw it at many a job.

Cashtown PA.jpg

Built by American Fire Apparatus.  The flying eagle emblem at the bottom of the pump panel was their logo.

8 hours ago, General Ike said:

Cashtown PA Engine 4-1

1963 Ford N???  500gpm 1000gal tank.  Retro Fitted by Lady & Taylor with a dump valve in the '80's.

Retired in 2001.  This rig ran 2nd due into Gettysburg for calls on the western side of town.  Saw it at many a job.

Cashtown PA.jpg

Its a Super Duty so its an N-850 or 950-and in 63 the big SD V-8's had not be ruined by emissions yet.

You are correct... For years, American built out all their apparatus.  They were big fans of Fords.  They ran a C Model cab forward 1984 pumper, a 1968 F750 pumper, and a 1946 model 698T (I think) pumper.  All built by American Fire Apparatus.

Ed Smith

1957 B85F 1242 "The General Ike"

7 hours ago, mowerman said:

hey dave,,,i was just wondering if that was a recent photo?????????? looks like it,,,truck is gorgeous...bob

That pic is at least 20 years old, but it is still in service at Reynolds as their parade rig.  I would say that it still looks just as good.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/2/2020 at 10:53 AM, doubleclutchinweasel said:

Here's a picture off the internet that someone posted of an old Ford N-Series.

Anybody remember driving one of these?  I never drove one, but I used to see a lot of them around home, back when the world was young and so was I...

I never could figure out if they were a thing of beauty, or if they were...uhhh..."aesthetically challenged".  But they sure had a tough look to them.

Ford N-series tandem chassis cab | Big ford trucks, Trucks, Ford trucks

I never drove one, but I always liked the looks of them, and the similar looking 7000 GMC.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.